Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Project progress! It's a driver

Humidi-T

View attachment 1143

Been making some progress. It's a blast to drive. I'll go through the DMV bit January or February. I need to get my wiper mount built and install seat belts. That's all that I have left. And yes, the fenders are temporary.

LumenAl said:
Right on Humidi-T! What color you going with? Luggy hasn't talked you into green has he! :lol:

Neither he nor BT, I'm going with Dr. Pepper Burgandy with a tan or gray interior. Real hot rods are red aren't they?

I've got a very looooooooong way to go before she's ready for paint!

Sos

I think it's looking real good, are the temporary fenders on it to pass the DMV inspection?

Dr pepper burgundy is that a mixture of 23 colors like dr peppers 23?

Telman2 said:
I think it's looking real good, are the temporary fenders on it to pass the DMV inspection?

Yes, LA requires them on anything over 1500 lbs. Go figure that one out! A light trailer won't chunck a rock?

Plus the wide back tires don't fit under the fenders. I'd have to make two sets. The fronts are starting to grow on me. I'll see how they look with real tires on the front wheels instead of the hard as asphalt bias tires from 1950 that are currently mounted on the front. They really suck, but they came with the wheels, so on they went.

putz said:
Dr pepper burgundy is that a mixture of 23 colors like dr peppers 23?

No I think it's a mix of just a few primary colors ;)

I also would like to put some ghost flames on it. I'm thinking Diet Dr. Pepper color for that, which is just a little lighter.:eek:

Lookin' good, Humidi-T. :rock:

Congrats on a job well done! :thumbsup:

Years ago when I worked in an old parts store, we custom mixed paint. There was a section in our paint books for fleet colors. Check out a good paint supplier and you may get the perfect color.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back