Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tfeverfred's project

Re: My brother

Holy Smoke Fred !!! you said you have a big brother,,But dude you have a BIG BROTHER:eek:,,,lol,,and both of you took a ride at the SAME TIME ? now that woulda been a Kodak moment:D glad he did get to see it all together ,,

Fred, works cannot express the gratitude I have for all of our soldiers and their commitments and sacrifices. I am a proud American that (hope I can say this without offending anyone, Ed -please remove if inappropritae) prays for the safety of all our troops. Get 'em home safe (insert noun referring to Diety here).

I agree with your signature, and that's not a political statement for or against anyone.

If you get a chance, please tell your brother that his service is appreciated and he has (I hope I can speak for most everyone here on this) US with him always.

Big THANK YOU to Brian.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled programming.

The Dawn Patrol (video)

Early morning. Somewhere in south Houston, the early morning air is interupted by the sounds of a V8. The mission... take insurance check to the post office. It's an easy flight, but not without risk. Legal bandits for the city patrol this route. Our pilot is ever careful. In the end... mission accomplished!:)

Hopefully, in four more days, this mission will be risk free and the only worries about the bandits will be explaining why the flight was so fast!

Re: The Dawn Patrol (video)

I'd like to add my "Thanks" to Brian too. God's speed.

Ron

The first "RUN".

As you guys who are parents can attest, one of your childrens milestones is the precious first walk. Yet, even more sweet is the first time you see your son or daughter run. Just running around happy and carefree!:)

So, last night I shot up to the auto parts store and got a new PCV. So, I get to work this morning and installed it. Then, well we got to test it... right?:confused: So, I check my gas and note the level at 3 gallons, then I go put in a couple gallons for measuring purposes. Then I hopped out on the road. Long story short, the new PCV was the fix and Miss Behavin' gets 28MPG. Checked my trip meter on the speedo...Yea... TWENTY-EIGHT MILES TO THE FREAKIN' GALLON!:) How do you beat a cool ride that get the mileage of a Honda!? You don't! You build a T Bucket!:lol: I still have a few drips of oil coming out of the front of my intake where it meets the block. I'll probably change the gaskets out next weekend.

As I traveled my route by Reliant stadium, I noted that my temp hovered right at 140-150 degrees. Sweet. Then, I rolled on towards Main Street and then headed to the Medical Center. The looks and pointing from people waiting for the bus, in traffic or out for a jog, were awesome! Then I returned back to work along the same route.

The first "run" is out of the way. Next weekend, hopefully, the first journey.

Yea, I'm freakin' stoked!

Re: The first "RUN".

Just think Fred , we were all there with you (in spirit). I can feel the vibes all the way up here in Minnesota.

To you and Miss B....:)

Ron

Another little trip?

Okay, so this stuff is VERY addictive. Went on another "run" about an hour ago. Again, no problems. Handled some bumps I didn't see in time and was glad she didn't let me down.

I went the long way to the corner of Montrose and Richmond by going the scenic route. That's about a 20 mile trip the way I went. I can see that maybe it's time to start a new journal in order to recount my adventures. I'll post tech stuff and repairs on my Plans and Update pages and use the journal as a way of remembering my trips and stuff.

Note to self: I REALLY need to remember the digi-cam from now on.

If you want a better look at that bucket, check out the cover of The Ventures record album. If your gas tank was mounted a little higher, it could pass for it at night.

Ron

Barely Legal Girl Inside!

Yup. My DMV contact came through! I now own, a 1920 Model T 2DR Conv!:D My registration was for a Touring, but his friend at the DMV had another employee doing the title. She told the other lady that a Touring was a 2 door convertable!:D

So, here she is looking all pretty after an evening out.

LEGAL001.jpg

LEGAL002.jpg

I made the rounds by all the auto parts stores I had used and then shot through downtown. Sorry, didn't have the cam with me. I was just too excited to remember it. I'm going to take mucho pics this weekend. Count on it!

Now, the thing with the tags is this. Texas changed the rules a little. In order to get Antique tags, which will exempt me from inspections and registration fees for 5 years, I have to wait 30 days. I may or may not get them. No worry. I kinda like having tags like the "sheepmobiles" sitting in traffic. makes me smile a little more. Kinda like a wolf hiding in the herd!:lol:

Re: Barely Legal Girl Inside!

Congrats Fred. :D Ain't that a cool feeling? :cool:

Re: Barely Legal Girl Inside!

VegasBruce said:
Congrats Fred. :D Ain't that a cool feeling? :cool:

Yes! HOT ROD OWNER has a very nice ring to it.;)

Congratulations Fred !!!

What can I say that hasn't been said already. Enjoy Fred, you've earned it!!

Ron

Thanks, guys! One thing I noticed was that at about 80MPH (in a 50:lol:), she seemed to get "light". Like the wind was coming underneath and wanting to lift her.:eek: Not a lot, but I could feel something. Like she was kinda floating for a second or two, but just a couple times. Has anyone experienced this or was I just imagining it?

Memo to self: The speed limit is 70MPH on the highway.

tfeverfred said:
Memo to self: The speed limit is 70MPH on the highway.

You just gotta open her up once in a while, just to keep everything working right. ;)

Congrats Fred! :clap: I am proud to say I remember when Miss Behavin was just a frame.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back