Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tfeverfred's project

Yogi said:
Congrats Fred! :clap: I am proud to say I remember when Miss Behavin was just a frame.

i beleive i remember when there was a paint mishap on the bare frame ? either posted on HR.com or JJ.com ?

is my memory serving me correctly ?

Man Fred, I'm so glad you finally got all the paperwork to get Miss Behavin' on the road.
God speed to your brother on his float. I have a duaghter in the AF so I know the drill.

Enjoy your superb work!

Lowrollerchevy said:
i beleive i remember when there was a paint mishap on the bare frame ? either posted on HR.com or JJ.com ?

is my memory serving me correctly ?

Well, it wasn't really a mishap, it was a change of direction. Originally, I was going WAY lo-buck and talked myself into thinking that I could just rattle can my frame and suspension. If you look back in my journal, everything that is black or red, is rattle can. It came out really well, but it never would have held up. My girlfriend came to the rescue and went half on powder coat. Yea, she's a keeper.

Making new friends

While working for my buddy today, a guy a met a week ago cruised up to check out my car. It ended up me checking out his! 1956 T-Bird and a frame off resto. I guess I'll need to dress up since I'm running into all the nice folks.:pint:

garageshot004.jpg

I've got more pics, but they are on regular film. My digi battery ran out.:eek:
Man, I'm loving having adventures. Cruising pics tomorrow!

cool car ,,,

Re: Making new friends

Wow...that's a flock of neat Fords!!

Ron

Re: Making new friends

Youngster said:
Wow...that's a flock of neat Fords!!

Ron

:lol:Yea, my buddy says we all need to hang out here more often. It's been good for business. Seems like a few hot rods outside the shop, let's folks know he does good work.

Feeding the addiction

Let's see. I got my tags on Thurday and I've got over 150 miles on my bucket. I've got more gas in my hot rod than I do in my daily driver.

Please........ DO NOT FIND A CURE!

tfeverfred "Thanks, guys! One thing I noticed was that at about 80MPH (in a 50), she seemed to get "light". Like the wind was coming underneath and wanting to lift her. Not a lot, but I could feel something. Like she was kinda floating for a second or two, but just a couple times. Has anyone experienced this or was I just imagining it?

Fred, when I first started getting Kletus up to highway speeds it felt EXACTLY like what you're talking about. In fact I think I described it word for word as you did.

Funny feeling - to quote Talladega Nights "it was like riding a spaceship" like it lifted up and was floating... getting light and trying to lift off.

That feeling goes away or you get used to it or something... BUT I know what you're talking about because I felt it also.

Aren't these built to "Fly" ...;)

"Ya gotta break her in to make sure she's running right."

So, this holiday weekend, I broke her in with a few miles.:D

cruisin2007.jpg

It's 90 degrees now, so I'll take her out one more time when it begins to get dark. She loves to prowl around at night.

Dang fred ! you coulda drove up here to dumas ,maybe a few more gallons of gas and another dozen doughnuts ,LOL

Driving the wheels off

This is the second weekend I have been cruising my T Bucket. I promise not to go on a rant about how much fun I'm having. You veterans already know the feeling and it will only seem that I'm teasing you guys who are trying to get done.

My parking brake handle should arrive next week and that wil be the final thing I have to install. It will probably never get used, but I'll know it's there if I need it.

I put some good miles on her today and she runs very well. Just what I wanted, all the fun without the headaches. I forgot the cam today. I met some really cool people today. One of whom was an old guy who said he had a '55 Chevy stored away and I had motivated him to get her going again. I love the effect that seeing a hot rod has on some people. I like the smiles they get. I really like the "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" from the kids and I enjoy how some adults become kids when they get up close and check out my car. Kinda gets me all fuzzy inside. (Opened the door for "Coupe with that statement!:lol: ) I am living my dream and nothing is better than having someone compliment my work. I am truly grateful.

I also found out that my math was off a bit as far as my mileage. My heavy foot, combined with the speedo and maybe the odometer being off, is giving me aa 18-20 MPG figure. Still respectable for a hot rod. I may try and tweak the Quadrajet or maybe even go with an Edelbrock. Of course, the come back to that is, "Fred, just drive the damn thing and don't fix what isn't broke."

Well, that's my update. Just a few thoughts on what Miss behavin' is up to.

Thanks guys.

Rick said:
Hey Fred...If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!

What Rick said. :D

A Q-jet is the Rodney Dangerfield of carbs, it gets no respect. With the small primarys it can get great mileage if you keep your foot out of it. :D The huge secondarys give great performance when you put your foot in it. :funmeter2: Proper tuning makes for a great running carb.

Baby gets a new pair of shoes

I posted a thread about painting white letter tires for my car. I went and talked to the guy and he dropped the price to $85 each. So, here they are mounted and sprayed with Dupli-color rubber bumper and trim paint. I'll give an update after a few drives, but they look very good. The texture of the painted was a dead on match for the tire rubber.

reartires003.jpg

reartires002.jpg

Plug shot for Dupli-color!:funmeter2:
reartires004.jpg

A nice improvement to her rake. Now it's time for a test drive!:D
reartires.jpg

A MUCH needed improvement Fred. Keep us posted on the durability of your "black out" job.

Your new tires are like going from a bite size donut to a REAL donut!

I like the look of the new tires Fred. That was $$$ well spent!

Ron

Nice .............. :cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back