Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Total performance in CT closing down

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Total Performance SOLD, new owner to move to Daytona

RPM can confirm this, Total Performace has been sold and the Connecticut store is closing for good. The New owner is moving the business to Daytona Fl and it will be called King T LLC.

Re: Total Performance SOLD, new owner to move to Daytona

Yes I had a customer call me yesterday and I refered him to Total for a part I don't keep. He said he had tried them and had talked to Brian and they were closing. I called Brian and he confirmed it.

Mickey has sold Total to a fellow in Fla. The Conn store is closing for good this week. The store in Fla will remain open. Brian did not say anything about a new name so I am not so sure about that.

This is fact. :eek:

I'm just off the phone with Brian and he has confirmed they are shutting down, immediately.

Webmaster said:
This is fact. :eek:

I'm just off the phone with Brian and he has confirmed they are shutting down, immediately.

Wouldnt have said it if it wasnt true, they told me yesterday when I called to order some parts, but i believe that are keeping open the florida location.

Yes, Florida will remain Mickey's and will remain open. Cool-Flex will be there.

Re: Total Performance SOLD, new owner to move to Daytona

Just talked to Ed at the King T distabution center(as its called now)And he said Speedway bought the assets of Total and he doesnt think there going to produce the Total T-Bucket bodies anymore.He said the Speedway catalog is now reflective of the sale.The Total axels are no more either.Sad day Ed said anyone waiting for parts will have a 4 to 8 week wait for there parts IF they can fill them.

Wow.

I'm not sure what else to say, other than that.

In a real crunch time for the high performance automotive aftermarket, Speedway recently purchased Afco and now this. It sure sounds like somebody's doing something right.

To clean this thread up a bit, I did speak with Brian this morning and he did confirm they are finished in Connecticut.

When I asked if the rumors about Speedway were true, he would only say I had made a good 'guess'. He did, however, share with me that everything except the Cool-Flex line would be moved to Nebraska.

Mickey Lauria will maintain the shop in Florida and it sounds as if he might might be a reseller of Total-specific parts he will be purchasing from Speedway. (Please note - I said it 'sounds' like the latter will happen.)

While this news comes as a shock to everyone, I am concerned about Brian's future, as he now finds himself without a job. I am unsure of the future for the others. For those so inclined, please keep everyone affected by this business acquisition in your thoughts and prayers.

I am sure as soon as he's had a chance to catch his breath, Brian will be in here to fill in the details.

I talked to him a half an hour after you did.He wasnt sure about whether Micky would buy parts from them or they buy from him.As you know most everyone buys there windshields and they are welded at Total.The body deal is way up in the air he has two molds at the NJ fiberglass joint and Micky has one.The frames are built at Totals CT shop and the windshield posts are made at the foundry for Total and they wont work on Speedways body with out mods as Totals cowl is different than Speedways.

I hate to see them go. When looking for parts/accessories I like to shop for the best deal. This closing kind whittles down the number of resources we have at our disposal that carry the vast product line that they carried. Speedway is the only other company that I know of that has as large a catalog selection. Do you suppose my new (as of a few months ago) Total catalog will become a collectible?

I'm keeping my Total catalog. I wish I had an old CCR catalog. As well as the CCR and Total instruction manuals. I may look for some of the early Spirit stuff. At least I got a lot of Big Daddy Roth stuff before he died.

Speedway has alway had a shock and muffler sales and installation store, Bill once told me that just that store alone carried them through some rough times, in the past, maybe it is still their life saver now and then.. Real good money in shocks & muffs...

B.C. said:
I'm keeping my Total catalog. I wish I had an old CCR catalog. As well as the CCR and Total instruction manuals. I may look for some of the early Spirit stuff. At least I got a lot of Big Daddy Roth stuff before he died.

Diane is still alive and well at CCR, I happen to know they have good stuff, they had a good teacher.. hehe They just finished up a new body with better floors to sit lower in and be more comfy... no pics of it yet.. this should make it a lot easier for the customer, as fiberglass work is at times a problem for the home owner, I know I do not care for it if I can get away from it, I will do it another way.. hehe Too messy, sticky and ichy for me.. Did it for too many years fixing Corvettes... before the Hotrod days.. Boy I am older than dirt...

I agree CCR has great product. They are also history. Some of there early sales stuff would be cool to have. I guess I just like history and think it should be preserved.

Total Performance out of business?????

Just read on another forum that some big changes have taken place at Total Performance. Some say Speedway bought out TP and is closing the locations, and some say Mickey is now using the KING T name and has moved to Florida. It seems the rumors might be true because some say they talked to Brian and he is looking for work,and another guy posted that he is the company who did all their fiberglass molding and he was ordered to stop production. Supposedly the Conn location is gone.

I went by Mickey's booth at Turkey Run and was a little disturbed to see the quality of two fiberglass bodies he had stacked on display. The parting lines were really bad and to me they looked pretty rough. I have never been a real fan of his bodies (too thin in my opinion) but these were as bad as I have seen from some of the vendors who crop up from time to time at shows.

Anyone know more about what is going on???

Don

I am really glad that i just ordered a spirit kit. I am however sad to see this happen to total. I did alot of research on their website. I hope that Speedway picks up their whole line. That would help us all out.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back