Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Total performance in CT closing down

Re: Total Performance out of business?????

Yea, it's true. I talked to Brian Wednesday and he told me. It seems that the Florida locaton is going to still sell Total stuff but the name is King T Industries.

I felt really sad hearing this. Totals Wallingford, CT location and the name Total has been around for what seemed like forever.

I wish Brian and the crew all the best and ope things work out for them. DAMN this economy!:mad:

Part of the decision might be Mickey's age. I'm 63, and not sure how old Mickey is, but he has been at this since the early 70's as I recall. Maybe he is just tired and wants to live at a more leisurely pace in Florida. I would think TP has earned him a good living over those many years, so he probably can afford to go into semi-retirement, especially if he made a good deal with Speedway. I always liked talking to Mickey at Turkey Run, he seems like he calls em like he sees em with no BS.

He also could be feeling the same pinch as many other businesses today and decided to take the money and run before it gets any worse. I think we have all mentioned on here that at times we had long waits to get supplies we had ordered, maybe cash flow entered into that sluggishness. I have worked for companies where we were occasionally on Credit Hold until we cleaned up some outstanding bills, so that may be what was going on there in recent times.

In any case, I know I wish him and everyone there well. Mickey is sort of a legend in this hobby, especially to those of us who build buckets. I will still order some parts from him if he continues to carry some of the lines he did at TP. He is now in Daytona Beach/ Ormand Beach area of Florida if anyone wants to get in touch with them.

Don

I just talked to ED a couple weeks ago did say any thing to me ,I did see those bodys ugly to say the least ,I going to call ED I need to send some stuff back .

Well, I clicked on TP this morning and the site came up with a message from Speedway. Then, I clicked on an item I needed and it took me straight to the Speedway website. They don't have prices for anything, but there's a number to call. I'm doing that now.

Gosh I miss Brian and Pete.:sad:

Okay, just got off the phone with Speedway. If you need a TP part, you need to call Speedway for it. Use the same part# and description. The price for what I wanted was the same as the catalog. Thier website does not have the items on yet.

Also, I was informed that the new Speedway catalog will be out in March and will have the TP parts listed and the Speedway website will have the TP parts by then also.

Maybe Brian can get a job at Speedway as a tech? That would be so cool.

I used to have his home e-mail to till my 'puter crashed.He could help big time with tech on TP parts.Did you ask Speedway about Brian.

Rick said:
I used to have his home e-mail to till my 'puter crashed.He could help big time with tech on TP parts.Did you ask Speedway about Brian.

No, I didn't. The person I spoke to was a receptionist, I think, I doubt she would know. She was able to look up TP parts though.

I'm sure Brian would have tried to move to Speedway, but I guess that depends on his roots in Conn.

tfeverfred said:
No, I didn't. The person I spoke to was a receptionist, I think, I doubt she would know. She was able to look up TP parts though.

I'm sure Brian would have tried to move to Speedway, but I guess that depends on his roots in Conn.
His last day i asked him that and he said absolutly not i asked if he was going to work for Micky and he said no he's going to look in his area for a job.He said he has a over 2 thousand dollar a month morgage to pay off.I wish i still had that e-mail addy.BUT!!!!! he is still a member here he changed it to just Brian.HMMM i wonder if Mike could give him a jingle.I dont think we can access the members list.

I found his name in the members section i sent him a message with my email to give me a buzz.

Well, I need a couple parts from TP that are specific to their chassis. I called Speedway and was told, that they are still doing inventory of the TP stuff and may not be able to sell anything for about 30DAYS!:eek:

I then called the Florida number and spoke with Ed. He still has a few items for T Buckets left and luckily, he had what I needed AND at the TP price. So, if you're needing TP stuff and can't wait, you may need to try and get it now. The Florida number is:

1-386-437-9996 ask for Ed.

old round fart said:
I think I have an old Total chassis. Can anybody tell me where to look for a vin #?

On top of the right frame rail, just in front of where the steering box mounts.

old round fart said:
Thanks Fred. I'll look for it tomorrow after the sun comes up!

I almost forgot. It's also on the right rail, just before the kickup.

wow,

bet that cost speedybill a few dimes... Afco is also Dynatech exhaust, and USBrake

I know the feeling, I ordered calipers from TP and a few days later I received an E-Mail that said Speedway purchased them and they have all my info and would try and fill my order within 30 days. That was the first part of Feb, no word from them since. I guess we just wait and see for a while.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back