Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

It's Christmas all over again !:cool:

I really wanted a drilled axle, but the were too pricey for my meager budget. Then a Speedway garage sale on a 5" drop tube axle met up with the realization that my track roadster nose would hide most of a drilled axle.

"It's just a hunk of metal with holes drilled in it." That was told to me by a friend who's into muscle cars. He was right. That's all it is........to him and a lot of others. But that drilled axle will play a huge part in the theme of my build. As my build progresses, I'll reveal where it's headed. But here's a couple hints. Muroc and El Mirage. When the wish bones and assorted hardware arrive, which is going to be sooner than I thought, this build is really going to take off.

I really wanted a drilled axle, but the were too pricey for my meager budget. Then a Speedway garage sale on a 5" drop tube axle met up with the realization that my track roadster nose would hide most of a drilled axle.

But YOU would have known it's there. ;) And that's what counts.

To Muroc, El Mirage, Bonneville and beyond in this life time.

My goal is the 150 mph club and the experience ...... what's your goal???

I hope to attend in August 2016, watch and gather info ............

To Muroc, El Mirage, Bonneville and beyond in this life time.

My goal is the 150 mph club and the experience ...... what's your goal???

I hope to attend in August 2016, watch and gather info ............
I would like to do Bonneville again too. I went in '89. Got friends that had the C/CR record for a couple of years. If they are still going out there we may get you a ride.

If they are still going out there we may get you a ride.

That would be so cool!!!!

I guess you mean as a passenger, not a driver. I plan on taking $500-$1000
just encase a driving opportunity would present itself. I'm planning on the
August 13-19 meet when it's a whole week long, where September is just
3 days.

Any suggestions or insights???

Wow! The salt flats.... That's a cool goal. I just hope for a paved secondary road with no traffic and a sunny day! Lol... I need to readjust the "bar" so to speak. Thanks for the hope!

The "bones" arrive tomorrow! Thanks, Uncle Sam!

I have also been reminded that there is a fairly well known '36 Convertible named, you guessed it, "Black Dahlia". Not wanting to step on any toes, I'm changing the name of my T. When I come up with something, I'll pass it on.

So, my split bones arrived and I wasted no time checking for fitment. Next, I'll get the spring shackles, shackles, and brackets to mount the bones to the frame. Once I have the pivots and shackles, I'll measure for the spring. The bolts are polished stainless steel, to and a little bling. I'm also going with a chrome spring, when that time arrives.

full

full

One piece at a time and a ton of planning in between.

Will you be drilling dem bones also?

John

Nope. If this car was a "summer time" ride.... maybe. But for a car I plan on using and abusing on a daily basis, I think the holes would weaken them.

Reactions: RPM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back