Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Low Slung T

In most all states they are going to want all the invoices you have. They will separate those into two piles. One pile where you paid sales tax, and they don't care about that stuff. Then the pile where you did not pay tax. They will add up at that pile and you will pay the sales tax to them.

yes, i took my reciepts i had,or ones i was willing to show, some i paid tax on ,others i diddnt,including the price of the project i bought with bill of sale,
i came out ok ,i paid $360.00 tax, so not too bad,got my title ,regestration,and vin tag to attach

Attachments

• 20160729_203534.jpg
    20160729_203534.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 32
Ron - while I'm thinking about it. Im missing my last invoice from you.

I'm saving even my receipts for all my trips to lowes and tractor supply for bolts.

I am wondering how they will handle things that I had or were given to me.

O.K., like Jhexid's T and all that but I'm really tired of looking at it upside down. I mean really tired. I don't know how to fix it, but if Jhexide doesn't know don't put them up. Really disconcerting.
It was cute for about five minutes, now it's old. Knock it off.

John

Okay...you guys got me way off track with taxes which depresses me with all these tax hikes that are going on in PA right now.

So back to my current status. I'm thinking 1.5 oz mat is good for securing the floor and such. What do you guys think? Or should I just use 1 oz. Keep in mind that I have a pretty solid back ground in glass and can work well with it. With that said, I never had to buy it myself so where do you guys recommend getting glass, resin, and other supplies online? I don't have any local places that I can buy it. Going to need some rollers too.

O.K., like Jhexid's T and all that but I'm really tired of looking at it upside down. I mean really tired. I don't know how to fix it, but if Jhexide doesn't know don't put them up. Really disconcerting.
It was cute for about five minutes, now it's old. Knock it off.

John
Click on the address that is in the upper right of the picture and you'll view it right side up. Here is the address: 20160729_203534.jpg

Jim
http://www.tbucketeer.com/attachments/20160729_203534-jpg.12317/

Body mounted. Even have a custom orange roll bar installed!!image.jpeg
Looks like I have some cutting to do.

So I was just kidding about having the body mounted. I'm sure you all figured that out though by the picture. I definitely have some cutting to do so tonight I worked on getting a template made for the firewall. Once I got it close, I used the washer trick that I learned on here to get a nice spacing. The picture do not do it much justice, but I should have about a 1/4". I'm going to have a lot of transmission hump... Should be interesting mounting the pedals.
IMG_05971_zpsbwljgpzr.jpg
IMG_05961_zps3bancx3s.jpg

For the pedals I'm thinking this:
Throttle - Smaller spoon type mounted to the firewall. Probably the one RPM had listed on his site.
Brake - under the floor mount. Shouldn't need a booster with disc up front and drums in the rear. I'd like to push the pedal to the left though. I'm thinking about give the pedal a 90 to the left after it comes through the floor and a 90 up once it gets just above where the middle of the frame rail is. Do you guys see any issue in doing this?

While I was trying to foresight, I was playing around with my Corvair box as well. The Pitman Arm appears to have a total of somewhere around 90 degrees. I didn't measure it, just eyed it up. Given that information, I am thinking the optimal center position would be about 45 degrees forward of straight down. When you turn all the way right, it points straight down, all the way left it is straight forward. Does that sound about right to you guys? Are there shorter Pitman Arms available and are they any adverse effects with a shorter one? Also, is there an optimum angle the mount it in relation to the frame? In my picture it is just sitting flat on the frame. A lot of pictures I see have it angled up towards the cowl more. I assume this is to get a good angle with the steering column and it really probably depends on how the steering wheel is set up for driver comfort.

I'm itching to buy more parts, like pedals, column, steering wheel etc., but I have a lot to do before I get there and work isn't looking so hot in the near future. For now, I have to get this body positioned, a floor made and the body mounted, and then get a seat going. (I've been eyeballing the rear seat in my F-150 work truck, probably not a good idea but I can use it to see fitment and then go find one in a junk yard if it works.)
IMG_05991_zpssfhw6tdj.jpg

Got the body fitted to the frame and around the transmission. Any one else LOVE cutting fiberglass on a hot day?? Now onto getting some plywood and finding a good fiberglass vendor.

I am definitely going to need an offset brake pedal that sets the pedal right above the center of the frame rail. Not sure if I can buy one like this or if I will need to buy a straight one and modify it. I will keep looking.

IMG_06011_zpsi3dl6f4n.jpg
IMG_06021_zpstlztvmzi.jpg

I purchased a lot of stuff on line with the thought of paying the tax when I registered the car. In Wisconsin they want to see the receipts to make sure nothing is stolen and so they can tax you.

Got the body fitted to the frame and around the transmission. Any one else LOVE cutting fiberglass on a hot day?? Now onto getting some plywood and finding a good fiberglass vendor.

I am definitely going to need an offset brake pedal that sets the pedal right above the center of the frame rail. Not sure if I can buy one like this or if I will need to buy a straight one and modify it. I will keep looking.

IMG_06011_zpsi3dl6f4n.jpg
IMG_06021_zpstlztvmzi.jpg

I'm in the same boat on the pedal. I ended up getting Speedway's universal T-Bucket pedal assembly. The pedal arm ends up around 3/4" off the inside of the frame rail. From there an offset mount pedal will land directly over the frame rail.

Looks good to me. More important is how you apply it, and what glass cloth or chopped glass you use with it. I used a similar resin for my transmission tunnel, wanting it to be as rigid as possible, and layered woven glass cloth with my resin. Came out strong!

I will keep them coming. Unfortunately, I will have to take a hiatus from working on it. Headed across the country for work for few. :/

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back