Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New blower manifold self built

weelstang

I've upgraded to a Aluminator 4.6 which has tumble flow heads and my old manifold will not fit. So I'm building a aluminum sheet metal manifold. weelstangAlum-A-T11 002.jpg

Good Job! Looks plenty sturdy!

Machining bottom of manifold. Removing center, not needed. Will finish welding inside of runners and face off top & bottom. Then ready to install on bucket.

Machining bottom of manifold. Removing center, not needed. Will finish welding inside of runners and face off top & bottom. Then ready to install on bucket.
New mill huh, times are good, better stay at it Choo Choo is coming.

New manifold is on with 6-71 on top and working on EFI unit. Unit looks like a Holley but has all the EFI inside. Just 4 wires and fuel. weelstang PS picture is to big to post !!!

Send it to me I will post it...................

BLOWER1.jpg

Here it is..............Damm thats looking good.............

I thought the 4.6 had oval ports on the intake side of the heads??
Yes the 4.6 Aluminator has tumble port heads which are oval shaped. I made the runners oval shaped at head mounting and round at blower box. I also molded the insides with epoxy. I have another manifold I built for early 4.6 but will not fit tumble port heads, so I built this one. Now to get the EFI to work. weelstang

Are you gonna run a popoff valve?

Parden me lack of knowledge , but whats an Aluminator?
Thank's
Terry

FORD Performance has a 4.6 DOHC called the Aluminator which is there bad hot rod engine. They now have the Coyote DOHC engine. Aluninator comes either blown or non. Steel crank, steel H beam rods, blower pistons (mine) and high lift cams, etc. I had a 93 DOHC that I windowed, so I bought a Aluminator to replace it. Pop off valve in on under side of blower box, gota have one.

FORD Performance has a 4.6 DOHC called the Aluminator which is there bad hot rod engine. They now have the Coyote DOHC engine. Aluninator comes either blown or non. Steel crank, steel H beam rods, blower pistons (mine) and high lift cams, etc. I had a 93 DOHC that I windowed, so I bought a Aluminator to replace it. Pop off valve in on under side of blower box, gota have one.
Thank you for the reply. Trick set up.
Terry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back