Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Project Blue Bird

I like that blue. It reminds me of the color that was mismjxed for my uncles high boy... he opted to have me throw some black in it to darken it, he thought it was too bright for his truck, lol... memories!

We got the front end on the ground and almost have the rear done. We ran into some brake problems…maybe someone can shed some knowledge on me. We have a brake hardware kit but for some reason when you get the kit for a 77 Granada it doesn’t come with the link spring. And to properly work the parking brake I gotta have it to finish up the brakes of course. I can’t find anything in store or online for that specific spring. Is there a generic spring that would work? Or would any 60-70 mid size Ford be the same? BDA3C722-7FCE-4C5B-90D5-EC47E0C12A66.jpeg79E4EA2B-442C-4D9F-B931-875F2D8B5036.jpegDB726828-496F-4B63-B3D7-5B1F24530A9C.jpeg

Thar spring looked and felt the same on every Ford brake I ever worked on....77 Granada, 71 F100, 65 Econoline, 67 Falcon, and many others that belonged to friends, or were on a 9 inch in a race car.
You should be able to grab one on the Help kiosk atyour local parts box store.

Nice finish on the paint!

Is it single or two stage?

Been away for a few weeks with vacation and catching back up with work,,but the last week we turned the motor over, and started bolting it and the trans back up. We will be working on brake lines this coming week.
side note question: Where do you guys prefer the proportioning valve? To the front, or the rear? I thought it was supposed to go to the front, but I've seen it done both ways.
View recent photos-1.jpeg View recent photos.jpeg View recent photos-2.jpeg

we turned the motor over,
Very, Very nice colors.... I love it !

- Did you start the engine already and do break-in???
- Will you be doing more than just turning the key and watch it run ?
- Will you prime it ?
- Will you have a garden hose ready just in case ???
- etc

Attachments

• EngineStartupChecklist.pdf
    512.2 KB · Views: 6
Very, Very nice colors.... I love it !

- Did you start the engine already and do break-in???
- Will you be doing more than just turning the key and watch it run ?
- Will you prime it ?
- Will you have a garden hose ready just in case ???
- etc
Haha yea just turned over. My dad is running that show. He’s built motors all his life.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back