Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Project Blue Bird

My setup is similar to yours with thru frame fittings and bones. I had some front hoses made by this company.
https://www.technafitstore.com/Custom-Lines-s/1866.htm

View attachment 21569

The "clocking" of the opposing ends can get a bit confusing. But they can make them so that there's a left and a right.
Wow..and relatively cheap too. I need to figure out what ends I need I guess. So AN3 fitting in the frame side, and what about the caliper side? I know what it looks like..just not sure the proper wording for it ‍♂️

Thats the first thing out of their mouths. “Make and model.”
I hate it.
There are 2 girls that work at 2 of our local shops..Napa, and a KOI. Both are 10 times as knowledgeable as the dudes that work there. Not many old timers around anymore. My dad always tells me stories of a local shop in the 60’s to 80’s called Toohey’s..(so appropriate a name for that kind of shop too I must say) said all you had to do was tell them what you needed and they knew exactly what you wanted. Good ol days perhaps

I guess the moral of this story is, we need to keep working to pass our hot rod passion to the younger generation(s). That's why I feel obligated to go cruising in mine around the local area as much as possible. Youngsters still dig it!

first cruise-in.jpg

...parts store employees know even less about brakes, and fittings than they do anything else on a car...
The last time I needed brake tubing they didn't even ask me any questions, just brought me to the back where all the brake lines were at and left me alone to figure it out.

In Racine during the 60's and 70's there were quite a few places that worked on engines and trans. Reworking the heads, bores, cranks and whatever you needed done. All parts stores had knowledgeable guys that knew what you needed and if they didn't have it could tell you where to get it. Now if it isn't in the computer they have no idea where to look or what will work. Sad.

Hey folks…we’re still plugging away. But now that I’m to the fuel lines, I need some advice. I’m thinking from the tank, a steel braided hose over to the frame rail. Then aluminum line to the front, to a short braided line to the fuel pump. I’m not quite sure what fittings to start with in the back, and how to connect to the steel braided to the hard line at the frame. Can someone show me some examples or links if possible? So I can make sure I’m on the right track.

I use black braided line and AN fittings for the whole system. 10AN from tank to first filter (100 micron), then 8AN from filter to electric pump, then 6AN from pump to second filter (10 micron) and 6AN from there to injector rails. This is for EFI, carbs probably don't need two filters. I like to minimize transitions, so don't use any hard lines.
I just stumbled onto your project, so I will read it from the start and then mercilessly kibitz.

Last edited:
Hey folks…we’re still plugging away. But now that I’m to the fuel lines, I need some advice. I’m thinking from the tank, a steel braided hose over to the frame rail. Then aluminum line to the front, to a short braided line to the fuel pump. I’m not quite sure what fittings to start with in the back, and how to connect to the steel braided to the hard line at the frame. Can someone show me some examples or links if possible? So I can make sure I’m on the right track.

Here's some hard line to AN fittings.
https://www.summitracing.com/search...rder=Ascending&keyword=hardline to AN fitting

This is what I did, except I didn't have room for the first filter. The filter between the shut off valve and fuel pump.

FuelSystemDiagram02.jpg

Below is what it looks like when you are making a flexible line.

FP06_HoseFittingNut_00151.jpg
FP06_HoseFittingComponentsSeparated_00149.jpg
FP04_PumpToFilter-BraidedHose_00133.jpg

You will need a flaring tool that does 37° flares if you are using AN fittings. If are going with SS lines in some sections, then it will need to be a good flaring tool.

Rigid377_Tool02_3503.jpg

My current project is actually my second t bucket. My first t bucket was started & abandoned a few weeks later. The first t bucket had a Cadillac 429 c.i.d engine. The donor car was a 1966 Calais. That attempt happened several decades ago ( had less tools & less knowledge then ).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back