Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ron, Couple of Questions...

madmike8

Ron, I think I'd like to have the throttle pedal come through the floor like the brake pedal. Sort of like the Tilton Pedals link: http://www.tiltonracing.com/content.php?page=list2&id=8&m=b ,but I want the pedal the same as your through floor brake pedals. Can you add a throttle like that to your Brake setup? Do you have anyone up there you can use to powder coat the pedals?

BTW... Remember I'm a newbie at this... so if there any reason that I shouldn't use this setup PLEASE let me know... Function/Safety over form always!

Secondly... I'm getting ready to have my brother weld the radius rod brackets and shock mounts on the S10 rear axle I have. I know you explained to me how to do that correctly over the phone a few months ago... but CRS has kicked in... besides it would be nice to have it in a written form to carry with me. Would you mind explaining that again?

Looking at my list... Next up on my to order list...

Front Brake kit (So, I can get it rolling)
Master cylinder / Brake / (Throttle maybe) kit
Trans mount kit
Pan Hard Bar kit
Traditional Steering Vega mount... (Yeah, I changed my mind... Laugh)
(Do you sell the stuff for a Tie Rod kit?)

Hopefully if the wife doesn't go crazy on Christmas spending, I can order some of it this month!

Ron, I think I'd like to have the throttle pedal come through the floor like the brake pedal. Sort of like the Tilton Pedals link: http://www.tiltonracing.com/content.php?page=list2&id=8&m=b ,but I want the pedal the same as your through floor brake pedals. Can you add a throttle like that to your Brake setup? Do you have anyone up there you can use to powder coat the pedals?

BTW... Remember I'm a newbie at this... so if there any reason that I shouldn't use this setup PLEASE let me know... Function/Safety over form always!

Secondly... I'm getting ready to have my brother weld the radius rod brackets and shock mounts on the S10 rear axle I have. I know you explained to me how to do that correctly over the phone a few months ago... but CRS has kicked in... besides it would be nice to have it in a written form to carry with me. Would you mind explaining that again?

Looking at my list... Next up on my to order list...

Front Brake kit (So, I can get it rolling)
Master cylinder / Brake / (Throttle maybe) kit
Trans mount kit
Pan Hard Bar kit
Traditional Steering Vega mount... (Yeah, I changed my mind... Laugh)
(Do you sell the stuff for a Tie Rod kit?)

Hopefully if the wife doesn't go crazy on Christmas spending, I can order some of it this month!

That's a lot of typing. I only peck with one finger, but here goes. Easy stuff first, yes we can get stuff powder coated and ceramic coated. I don't see any reason we cannot add a throttle pedal to the side of the master cylinder bracket. This is going to be an electric car? so how much room do we have in that area?

Rear radius rod brackets weld to the housing 3" from the frame rail. So that frame is 26 1/2" wide then 3" for each bracket would put the brackets 32 1/2" apart. The two bolt holes in the bracket will be 90 degrees from the centerline of the pinion shaft. Shock brackets go just outside of the radius rod brackets.

I think I got it all covered there, for a one fingered pecker. If you need more info feel free to call, only too glad to help you or anyone out.

Thanks, I figured you could make it... I'll get some measurements and shoot ya some emails...

Thanks, for the explanation too...

:roflmao:This site is so awsome. I am just getting ready to weld my brackets on my rear axle when I read this question and answer. Now I feel assured I will do it right the first time.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back