Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Starting on the rebuild.

RPM said:
As soon as a I get Ricks part we will copy it and post a picture.

Sounds like a winner. I hate to sound like a paid advertisement, but I know you can fab this and I know it will have your high standard of quality and be at a good price.

Ok, Ron! How was that!? hehehhe;)

The half way point

I got the frame ready Friday and mounted the front suspension pieces Saturday, but something didn't seem right. So after work today, I redid it and all is well. I'm already missing the powder coating, as I got couple minor chips today, but it's paint and will be easy to touch up.So here she is. Almost a roller!

frontend001.jpg

The engine cross member should be here Wednesday and I'll start checking out and primping the engine and tranny this week. I hope to drop them on Saturday.

Fred,
Why does it always seem we do not have enough room to do our work? It seems if you are building one in a one car garage or a four car garage there is always something next to our project and we seem to work around it.

Your project is coming along very nice:D:D:D:D.

clamper said:
Fred,
Why does it always seem we do not have enough room to do our work? It seems if you are building one in a one car garage or a four car garage there is always something next to our project and we seem to work around it.

Your project is coming along very nice:D:D:D:D.

I'm doing it in a mechanic friends shop. That's why I'm pushing to get her on four wheels.

dovehunter79 said:
Frame Looks Good!!!

Thanks. It really felt good to see her almost on four wheels. I was tempted to set the body on, but it was getting late and I have a lot of parts stowed in the body (as you can see).:rofl:

I run into the same issue on mine, I need to make the body mounts on the frame... Would like your opinion Fred... Since you decided to go with red and black which are the colors i am painting my frame... what do you think that flat/rat rod black body would look like with it? Are you still going to go with your white body?

dovehunter79 said:
I run into the same issue on mine, I need to make the body mounts on the frame... Would like your opinion Fred... Since you decided to go with red and black which are the colors i am painting my frame... what do you think that flat/rat rod black body would look like with it? Are you still going to go with your white body?

This go round, I really was gonna paint it black. But I really did like it the way it was. I even had some good offers to paint it and turned them down. Maybe it's because this was my first one and it was special for a few reasons. The white just kinda grew on me. So, I'm gonna leave the body like it was. It's easy to clean and I don't sweat letting people climb in if they want to. I like a car I can share and I couldn't do that if I was scared someone would scratch it.

Black is one of a few colors that go with anything. You can't lose painting a car black. Besides, old Henry would want it that way.;) Flat black would also work. maybe have some red and white pinstripes layed on it. Trust me, I REALLY will do a black car one of these days.

Last night, after work, I installed the brake calipers on my frontend, basicly finishing it up. I got a few shop cloths and wiped everything down. When I was done, I fired up a cig and listened to a little Miles Davis,while looking at my chassis. Then, I felt it. Things just felt like it was going to be "right". Like everything was finally coming together and I was on the right track.

I don't mean to get all cosmic and everything, but it just felt good to reach a plateau in my rebuild. Can anyone else relate?

tfeverfred said:
I fired up a cig and listened to a little Miles Davis

All right, who said you could put down the wrench for a smoke?:lol:

Todd said:
All right, who said you could put down the wrench for a smoke?:)

It was MILES, man!:lol: You gotta smoke a cig when you listen to Miles.

Hey Fred, are you planning to replace the blinkers (front) you had on the orignial build? If so, I have a brand new pair from Speedway for you if interested. let me know.

Thanks!

engine24355 said:
Hey Fred, are you planning to replace the blinkers (front) you had on the orignial build? If so, I have a brand new pair from Speedway for you if interested. let me know.

Thanks!

Believe it or not, mine survived!:hmmm: Thanks for the offer.

Got my wheels today and will get rubber tomorrow. Stay tuned for pics of Miss Fortune the roller! :) I also plan to bleed the brakes, clean up the engine and (if time allows) drop the tranny pan and look for internal damage before changing out the filter for good measure.

Awww.... what the heck. Maybe a video too!:rock:

Miss Fortune rolled into the light!

After 4 frustrating months, my T Bucket is at least back at roller status. I didn't get to do hardly any of what I had planned today. First off, it took me 4 trips to the auto parts store to get the correct size lugnuts!:eek: For my future reference, 7/16"-20. Then my mechanic friend had to go out of town and his helper would only let me play around for a few hours. So, all I got to do today was mount the tires and rims, but it was enough to get my fires burning full tilt!:wall:

So, here's her new look. Dropped "I" beam axle and 11" disc brakes. I'm keeping the same paint scheme. I just couldn't bring myself to change that.

roller002.jpg

roller003.jpg

roller001.jpg

Also, it wouldn't be a true rebirth without a little video, so here it is:

[ame=[media=youtube]e6sjyUlBqqQ[/media] - Miss Fortune is a roller[/ame]

Fred, first let me say AWESOME. It's looking great.

Now a question. The kingpins appear to be almost vertical. Appear that is.

How much caster you running?

T-Odd said:
Fred, first let me say AWESOME. It's looking great.

Now a question. The kingpins appear to be almost vertical. Appear that is.

How much caster you running?

Must be just the way they look in the pics. Caster is around 5 degrees, I believe.

Looking good Fred. I really like that you chose a more substantial wheel for the front. Keep up the good work.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back