Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Bucket List

Is the left side of axle pointing up or down? Axle bow should be down. If so, the spindle is upside down or should go to other side. Bearing should be where it's at with the opening pointing down and shims on top of axle between the king pin mount.

Is the left side of axle pointing up or down? Axle bow should be down. If so, the spindle is upside down or should go to other side. Bearing should be where it's at with the opening pointing down and shims on top of axle between the king pin mount.
The bow is down , the spindle is back on the only way it can go on due the the large bolts that hold the brake backing on , I took pictures before I took it apart but I didn't the bearing was in correctly and according to two diagrams it was upside down

Hey GUY
Please start your own build thread.

Like allot of us here that start these forum threads we are trying to document our own build so that we can go back to this one spot and see the history of the progression.
I like your build but I don't want it documented here.

Not meaning to sound harsh ; but , it would be better for you if you had your own thread. I would be a subscriber ; so would many other members.

Hey GUY

Like allot of us here that start these forum threads we are trying to document our own build so that we can go back to this one spot and see the history of the progression.

Some day in the far future, this forum will cease to exist and your documentation will be
gone. For my important threads I have captured my builds as a PDF file and it resides on
my computer. I'm not dependent on this forum or other forums to read my documentation
where I have build threads.

Just a suggestion for those that want to preserve their information.

I'm sorry !!!

I'm sure my son is looking forward to having my TBucket and the documentation will
help when he needs to replace something.

Hey GUY

I like your build but I don't want it documented here.
Oh well

The point about a forum website is it has different topics to post stuff in.
The topic of this particular section is Project Plans and Updates.
This is my Project and Plans build thread.
If you want to discuss your build feel free to start your own thread like every one else has done instead of hijacking 4 other threads posting your build.
Its not hard to figure out. It is how every forum on the net works.

As for you other guys just pissing in the wind shooting off there is a lounge section for that crap.
If I could edit and delete posts on my thread I would to try and clean this mess up.

Indy you are right, and I have been documenting my own stuff because we all know websites come and go eventually.
Trying to keep it organized and on topic with limited permissions is another thing.

I thought the point of this build thread was to help other builders get ideas, maybe learn from other peoples mistakes, and get advise when asked or maybe learn some tricks on fabrication.
If I'm not helping then I will just keep it to myself from now on.

Last edited:
Nah, don't do that Mate, there's a heap of us watching your progress and enjoying your build. Agree wholeheartedly with your comments, maybe a request to Admin to weed out the Shi, sorry Crap would be in order to get your thread back on track..
Regards,

Intrepid,

What did you use for the technical drawing above ?

I use AutoCAD 2017.
Its really expensive but my kid was going to collage and they get a full version free as a student.
Technically I'm not allowed to use it for a business or financial gain but for personal stuff like this its ok.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back