Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Bucket List

Sanded that all off and started finishing the body. Going to go with a metallic black base colour and then the graphic will be the colour from the plane its called phantom grey but its really dark with no metallic. This should ghost the graphic well so it doesn't jump out. Once that's done I am going to inlay stainless welding wire into the long lines.
If you squint your eyes you can see the wings pop out.

61kafxtFC2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg This might've been helpful. It's half round moulding , bendable , sandable & paintable. Can be glued on with epoxy.

Ok bit of an update.
It took some work but these hinges will work. If you have a nice straight line down the door like an old T with a piano hinge.

20200822_173126.jpg 20200827_150546.jpg 20200827_150559.jpg 20200827_150608.jpg 20200827_150622.jpg

Still needs a bit of massage.
You will need to be a bit handy with a welder to make some custom brackets.
And looking back on it, it may have been easier to use these for a suicide door but I didn't want the hinges sticking out over in that area.

Just looking back.. First post was 2016 ... wow .. was sure I would be done by now.
Only wiring and interior after body finish and paint.
On the upside. It's the home stretch now that alot guys don't make it to and I'm not one of those guys.

Just looking back.. First post was 2016 ... wow .. was sure I would be done by now.
Only wiring and interior after body finish and paint.
On the upside. It's the home stretch now that alot guys don't make it to and I'm not one of those guys.
Build it at your pace. Mine has been dry docked for too long. I had stuff come up and life just kept throwing stuff at me... I hope to get back to it soon. I said that to say that you are making good progress. Keep at it!

Slow and sure wins the race. Yours is going on 4 years. Mine took 5 years. It would be interesting to see how much time different projects took.

I bought mine in 2006 and it only took me the last 14 years to rebuild it and make it mine.....Spanky you win..........

Year 8 for me.

A note on the cherry bomb mufflers.
Useful for only having metal to weld in the baffle's and having the proper diameter.
Otherwise they sound just like wide open.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back