Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Top Cruising Speed

Most disappointing nightmare scenario.......I finally win the lottery and can afford to build the engine I want (blown BBC) but by then, I'm too old to put it to it's intended use. :(

Cooter you should have used the ones I bought from you. They work very well on my car and Yes the wind noise/beating is much less with wing windows.........

Cooter you should have used the ones I bought from you. They work very well on my car and Yes the wind noise/beating is much less with wing windows.........
I have so much stuff attached to my windshield post I couldn't use them. I'm thinking about building a custom set. I'm still thinking, it will hit me soon. I hope.

Good one, Rick! I like the low key approach . . . let 'em have the noise & smoke at the bleach box, then smoke 'em at the lights!
I don't think I smoked him at the lights :), but I did over come that head start I gave him before the finish line. The course is about an 1/8 mile long.

I never could figure out the timing for that flagman! :(

It seems like trying to "read" a flagman would be harder that a light. After all, he's human and lack of consistency would be working against you.

My Son and I used to race Go Karts, all the Juniors had the Flagman sussed, they didn't watch the Flag, they watched his foot! Just B4 he waved the flag he'd involuntarily lift his foot and as soon as they saw the foot move they were gone, the first 3 rows were usually past the start line by the time he got the flag waving. Was always funny to watch.

I want a air cooled VW engine on my next T

I used to rebuild diesel engines and tried to get the owner of the shop to sponsor a T bucket built with a 6 or 8V-92 Detroit Diesel as a promotional piece......could not get him to pull the trigger on it. Bigger issues would have been ginning up a front suspension to support the weight and a rear end to support torque.

No such thing as too much power. I like to get to 100 mph in 3 seconds instead of 6. It just makes for more fun.

But that's not "cruising" speed.

I get the, "more is better" mind set.Been there before, but grew out of it. LOGICALLY, after the first 60' of noise and smoke........ then what? You ease on he brakes and slow down to a safe cruising speed. Maybe I'm turning into a "citizen". Gotta renew my AARP subscription.:)

But that's not "cruising" speed.
I get the, "more is better" mind set.Been there before, but grew out of it. LOGICALLY, after the first 60' of noise and smoke........ then what? You ease on he brakes and slow down to a safe cruising speed. Maybe I'm turning into a "citizen". Gotta renew my AARP subscription.:)

:laugh::roflmao::D:p:laugh::roflmao:

Here is the Diesel in a bucket thing....It was pretty cool........10891682_1517107998553204_1555819754348573402_n.jpg

Different strokes for different folks.

Jim

Yup.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back