Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where does the main Positive wire from a fuse box connect to?

Such a simple question but it has me thinking and I cant find an answer (prob because it is so basic).

My T is about ready for the wiring phase now. All I have is temporary wiring for testing the engine. I have a large gauge positive from the batt directly to the starter. Where do I branch off with the Positive to serve for all of the other needs in the fuse box? Is there a three way i need to buy? Do I just come off of the same stud on the starter with a smaller gauge to feed the fuse box? or is there a type of battery terminal I need to buy to serve as a three way?

Thanks!!

While Im at it, what gauge should this positive wire feeding the fuse box be?

Either the starter solenoid stud (assuming a GM or similar starter) as long as it goes to the battery, or from the POS terminal on the battery. Some cable ends have a short wire attached that can be used. Usually 8-10 gauge is OK. The further away from the battery the larger gauge the wire should be.

Go to the Tech Pages on this forum. Those pages are there to help you so use them.

Jim

Either the starter solenoid stud (assuming a GM or similar starter) as long as it goes to the battery, or from the POS terminal on the battery. Some cable ends have a short wire attached that can be used. Usually 8-10 gauge is OK. The further away from the battery the larger gauge the wire should be.
Thanks!

If you have a battery with both side and top terminals, you can run one terminal straight to starter and the other terminal to your fuse panel. That's what I did.
P1010702.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back