Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Winter

Finally cooled down here in the Tulsa area. Looks like some single digits in a couple of days. Forecast for Saturday is 10" of grief.

Yes it looks like that damn Polar Vortex is gona get this far down too.......30 Degrees on Sunday....
I will not be cruising those two days.........

It was 10 degrees when I got up at 6am. An hour later it was 8 degrees. Finally went to the shop this afternoon to try and finish up the upholstery in my 46 coupe. The sun had came out for a bit and at least started melting some of the ice. Was 42 when I got inside the shop. Warmed it up to 65 and got a bit more done. Only one more trim piece to make and the inside is finished, almost. Not decided if I am going to attempt the seats yet. May just spray dye them for now. Still learning about this upholstery stuff. Learned how to bind carpet, make wind lace, and tuck and roll so far. Lots of tricks I wish that I knew, but pleased with the outcome so far.

Good job. I admire your persistence in this cold weather. Can you give us any pics?

Still learning about this upholstery stuff. Learned how to bind carpet, make wind lace, and tuck and roll so far. Lots of tricks I wish that I knew, but pleased with the outcome so far.
I might come see you when it comes time to redo my upholstery !!! :)

Actually, I am enjoying doing this. Wish I had started learning about upholstery years ago. I still have my delivery to do over. Seats still have me intimidated, but thinking about getting a seat from the salvage and giving it a try. At least I would have patterns. Door panels, kick panels and carpet are pretty easy, If I can help sometime let me know.

Thought you would never ask Spanky. Now remember this is my first time ever on a sewing machine. I had to make 30 feet of wind lace.
Carpet 3.JPG IMG_6039.JPG Carpet 3.JPG IMG_6039.JPG IMG_6039.JPG HL 5.JPG Wind lace 1.JPG
I will send one more when it is cleaned up. These were taken while project was being done.

This last snow storm dumped 18 inches on top of the 12 inches we already had. Spent 3 hours snow blowing. Beats shoveling. At least the temp went up. High of 11 degrees.

I may divorce my wife.....it seems she signed us up for a free one-week trial of living in Alaska.
It has been a week since the temperature was above freezing, 9 inches of snow Monday, Tuesday morning low of negative 6F, 4 more inches of snow then about an inch of sleet & freezing rain yesterday.

I've never experienced this much of this type weather here in East Texas. Thank God we haven't lost electric service at all during this time.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of Texas folks finally getting portable generators to have some standby power in case this happens again before the utility companies harden their infrastructure . . . which probably will never happen, since it's all the fault of the windmills freezing up . . . . according to the republicans and Fox News . . .

This white crap is what did it...........this was this morning in Artesia NM cause it was clear & dry last night......151892164_10223667273646282_405591561219002678_o.jpg

Very sad! They leave CA & NY to get away from the taxes and other nonsense, then they want to create the same situation all over again in the new location!:mad::mad::mad:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back