Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

014_zpsrkykldft.jpg

017_zpspflgnadu.jpg
gonna find some nuts to assemble these mounts so I can position them to TACK WELD. ill burn them in later once im sure of my self.

Good progress!
Definitely tack it. My advice is to not fully weld anything until you've done a complete chassis and body mockup. Then you can strip it back down and just weld!

021_zpsyi5rpmb4.jpg
hope this is the right way to do this? I know its sure close at the joint at rear next to frame.

Reactions: RPM
Good progress!
Definitely tack it. My advice is to not fully weld anything until you've done a complete chassis and body mockup. Then you can strip it back down and just weld!
look this over good please. see anything im missing? this look normal?

Prop up your axle to where your shackles flip over. It might change your anchor location.

You may want to screw the bar ends in maybe two turns so that only around 3/8" of thread is exposed, that is a good starting point.
Those axle brackets should definitely have gussets installed to keep them from flexing, if RPM is copying those and selling them he should at least do them right. We put the gussets on the short versions also.
Once you get the frame brackets installed take a look at the gusset system in the photo attached, it will help to strengthen that double bracket and help take the load off the bolts holding the radius rods to the frame.

CCR Axle Brackets szd.jpg Short Axle Hangers szd.jpg Radius rod gussets 2 szd .jpg Radius rod gussets szd.jpg

You may want to screw the bar ends in maybe two turns so that only around 3/8" of thread is exposed, that is a good starting point.
Those axle brackets should definitely have gussets installed to keep them from flexing, if RPM is copying those and selling them he should at least do them right. We put the gussets on the short versions also.
Once you get the frame brackets installed take a look at the gusset system in the photo attached, it will help to strengthen that double bracket and help take the load off the bolts holding the radius rods to the frame.

View attachment 11181 View attachment 11182 View attachment 11183 View attachment 11184
10-4 on the axle gussets. I have some i cut from scraps in shop that im gonna add for sure. I noticed that they werent there. There is a lot of leverege at that point because of how long they are. I also like that strap at the double RR bracket and the gusset behind. Ill fab me up some of them. I really like the CCR style frame and have enjoyed the blueprints. Thanks for the help.

Hey RESINATOR, i also need to make that spacer behind those rod ends at the double RR bracket. I thought it looked awfully closr to binding ay frame. Thanks again for the pics.

Just made my spacers from old v.w. tierod. Perfect fit on I.D & O.D. Rods dont hit frame now.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back