Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

You really don't want to create a " hard" line with tape , you'll end up fighting that later , much better to featheredge your filler / primer line, hard lines usually end up telegraphing through the paint no matter how careful you are .

You really don't want to create a " hard" line with tape , you'll end up fighting that later , much better to featheredge your filler / primer line, hard lines usually end up telegraphing through the paint no matter how careful you are .
Learn something new every day. All I new was I didn't want to go any farther than I did. Thanks for the tip.

You go as far as you need to , to feather out the filler. Don't forget the whole bucket body is going to be painted later. Hope this helps.

Clean that tape residue off completely before you add more filler to feather. Then clean it again.

ALA we're talking body work ,one of the worst practices that I observed with inexperienced workers was pressing too hard while sanding , most don't realize how little pressure it takes to deflect a panel , doesn't matter if it's metal or fiberglass ,use newer sharper abrasives that cut without much pressure , it'll save you from making waves !!!

IMO that's a lot of work , I'm really old school , rough cut with 36 , , / smooth w/ 80 , then high build 2k primer , usually ,K-36, block w 400 , 2 more coats of primer then block w/ 600 , single stage , it's time for paint , 2stage , wet block ,w/1000 before paint ... my favorite block is a 10" .then. 2x4 hard blocks,.

IMO that's a lot of work , I'm really old school , rough cut with 36 , , / smooth w/ 80 , then high build 2k primer , usually ,K-36, block w 400 , 2 more coats of primer then block w/ 600 , single stage , it's time for paint , 2stage , wet block ,w/1000 before paint ... my favorite block is a 10" .then. 2x4 hard blocks,.
What the crap did you say?? I probably just paint it with a roller

"maybe just a bit of overkill ?!?!?way too much info all at once , reminds me of " dazzling with brilliance," vs " baffling with bull shit," I'm not sure which is worse ..."

read that somewhere on this forum and thought it sounded very appropriate. : )

Last edited:

That's the way I would do it. Only difference is I like to use an air plane.

"maybe just a bit of overkill ?!?!?way too much info all at once , reminds me of " dazzling with brilliance," vs " baffling with bull shit," I'm not sure which is worse ..."

read that somewhere on this forum and thought it sounded very appropriate. : )
Any comparison to the 2 1/2 lines I wrote to that x pages long epistle that your referring to is completely unwarranted....

Its an air powered plane. That is about a foot long and 2" wide that that moves the abrasive bed with air power. Cant find a pic on the iterweb but I can take a pic of mine if you need to see one.

No problem; its just that you would be amazed at how few people know what one is, these days.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back