Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Head Light Stands ,Lets see em

Baby Huey

I have a deal working to get a set of Peterbuilt Headlights for the bucket, hopefully the guy won't try to hold me up.
I'd like to see a couple pics of some head light stands, ( STEEL ONES!!) anybody got any.... Thank's ! :lol: "BH"

Don't they come with really cool stands?

I don't have a picture of one but I've wondered about using the last 10" or so from a rear radius rod from a '40 Ford. A simple three bolt flange bent at a 90 degree angle to bolt it to the frame and a pod on the other end. Might look cool with your Hondulie shocks BH

Ron

Thank's Guys ! Hopefully I should find out if the guys going to sell em to me by next week. He just bought a new truck and is changing it over from singles to double Headlights.
I thought someone out there would have some pics of their stands......No big deal, I'll wittle some out. :cool: "BH"

Baby Huey said:
I have a deal working to get a set of Peterbuilt Headlights for the bucket, hopefully the guy won't try to hold me up.
I'd like to see a couple pics of some head light stands, ( STEEL ONES!!) anybody got any.... Thank's ! :cry: "BH"

Hey BH, I used CCR shock towers, mounted on the outside of my frame and then bolted a Model A headlight bracket to them.

h4.jpg

Thank's Grant !! Thats kinda what I was wanting to see....just a bracket so I had some idea of fabrication.
I already have the old Ford shocks so I could just cut out and bend up a bracket like your shock bracket and bend an "ear" on the top with a hole for the little cup doo-hickie thingy:eek: and presto, should work.
Thank's Again !..... "BH":cool:

BH, here is something a little different. Its 1/2 inch steel plate.

BeckyHeadlight.jpg

This is what I've been using on the last few cars;

headlitebar001Small.jpg

It's a '29 headlight bar with the ends moved to the center. It mounts to the top of the rails.

Ron

VegasBruce said:
BH, here is something a little different. Its 1/2 inch steel plate.

BeckyHeadlight.jpg

Bruce what does the bottom of the bracket look like where it bolts or welds onto the frame ?
I'm thinkin of Bolting mine onto the frame side and top, but I'm only .188 on the tube so it won't hold a 3/8" or 7/16" thread too well without inserts or a thread plate. Kinda hate to weld em on incase they get damaged or a cop car smashes into me...:eek::eek::eek: (Sorry Fred...)
Thank's for the picture ! "BH"

Youngster said:
This is what I've been using on the last few cars;

headlitebar001Small.jpg

It's a '29 headlight bar with the ends moved to the center. It mounts to the top of the rails.

Ron

I have thought about using the short chromed round tube mounts like the ones that are in the Speedways cats. They would mount clean on the top of the frame, I'd have to cut out a couple thread plates and hole saw the frame and weld em in and grind em off, that wouldn't be too tuff to do.
I'd like to bend the tubes out of heavy wall tube or Double xtra heavy pipe so they don't vibrate. Nothin looks worse than bouncing vibrating headlites commin at ya on the highway..... ( "iz that a Harley commin at us or is it a T-Bucket???") LOL:rolleyes: Thanks ! Ron ! "BH"

Al's is also made from a '29 A headlight bar.

Ron

LumenAl said:
Per your request BH... head light stands...

HeadlightBar.jpg

One in the foreground... one in the background... :razz:

Man, I REALLY like that set up! Al, I always get a kick when you show detail shots of your car.

Al does your leafspring perch have nuts welded into it that spring mount bolts into? Nice shockmount also. Up here in northern Wisconsin there really aren't that many T's to look at how they are put together. We had freezing weather already . Garden has froze three times.

LumenAl said:
Per your request BH... head light stands...

HeadlightBar.jpg

One in the foreground... one in the background... :razz:

It figgers Al, you got one dang thing on yur mind all the time.....Carz.:rolleyes: Move the camera a little to the RIGHT and UP ! Looks like she might have some nice pins....!:eek:

Ohhhh, thanks for the picture of the "headlites", I promise I won't copy ya. We live too close, people would frown upon me....."BH"

putz said:
Al does your leafspring perch have nuts welded into it that spring mount bolts into? Nice shockmount also. Up here in northern Wisconsin there really aren't that many T's to look at how they are put together. We had freezing weather already . Garden has froze three times.

The bottom of the spring perch is 1/2 inch thick steel that had been drilled then tapped for the bolts.

Perch.jpg

i scored a pair of those peterbuilt lights with the small directional in the top ring for $100 still in the box always thought they were cool :cool:

Al...You didn't have to do that. I won't be able to focus the rest of the day now. Do you have that as wallpaper?

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back