Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Head Light Stands ,Lets see em

I made mine just like ex junks...except that it bolts to the side of the frame rail, not the top. I can't find a pic-. I used a $7 drive shaft loop I got at the swap meet...it was a bit thicker than conduit and has nice bends--I got both sides out of the one loop.

If you look closely at my stands you will see that they are bolted from the AND the side also. Some may think it to be an overkill but there is absolutely no vibration in my lights.

In answer to RexRod, yes David I am using quarter elliptic springs in the front suspension not a torsion bar.

speedkills502 said:
That a great deal $100.00 dollars for peter built lights with the small marker in the top ring and as you stated it can be wired to make the marker a directional. Is the marker clear are amber I like the clears ether way great buy.;)

I dunno what they are gonna cost yet......I haven't seen em either. Friend called the other day and said his buddy was getting new Dual lites for his truck and wanted to know if I was still looking for some? I said yes, and asked what model PB they came off of, I think he said 357??? Not sure, but I think I was looking for 359's. I asked him if they had the little marker lites on top, he said yes, they were LED's . He's checking to see how much the guy wants for em...
I have a set of the GUIDE head lights with the lights on top the can, but they are all rotted out and I got em sand blasted, then I layed some cloth and resign inside to try to save em, but I'm afraid they will always look like a POS, so I'll save em for an upcomming "Rat Rod" project....
By the time I order the replacement GUIDE parts I mise well by a new set.... I have cracked and broken rings and the parts are not real cheap..... :eek: "BH"

benT said:
I made mine just like ex junks...except that it bolts to the side of the frame rail, not the top. I can't find a pic-. I used a $7 drive shaft loop I got at the swap meet...it was a bit thicker than conduit and has nice bends--I got both sides out of the one loop.

I think thats what I'm going to do, use some heavy walled pipe or tube. I don't have any room on the SIDE of the frame there, as the Radius rods are close to the frame.... "BH"

Here ya go BH, its a really simple setup. I snaped a pic of the bottom of the stand today.

HLstand001.jpg

BeckyHeadlight.jpg

EX JUNK said:
If you look closely at my stands you will see that they are bolted from the AND the side also. Some may think it to be an overkill but there is absolutely no vibration in my lights.

I see the angle now-I agree good and strong. I wish I had the room to do it. I have coilovers that get in the way a bit and I have also tried to design for possible future side panels.

Not to get off subject, but I remember meeting you (and Track T) and checking out you car last year when it was in black primer--it was awesome then and the final paint only makes it better.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back