Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Head Light Stands ,Lets see em

ok I'm going to try this.BH if you can see them, thees are the stands I made for John's car. they are made from four pieces of 1/8" steal and I am not as good a fabricator as most on here. they curve up from the frame and mount the shocks and lights.
johnjrjess.jpg

hard to see but the only pic I have online :rolleyes:
Mike in ep

jmr122848 said:
ok I'm going to try this.BH if you can see them, thees are the stands I made for John's car. they are made from four pieces of 1/8" steal and I am not as good a fabricator as most on here. they curve up from the frame and mount the shocks and lights.
johnjrjess.jpg

hard to see but the only pic I have online :rolleyes:
Mike in ep

ElPaso Mike, Thank you ! I get the idea, :cool: "BH"

I was thinking the same thing Duke, I just didn't know if I should post it. Iguess I just did,huh?

Ron

Great detail shots Bill. Those stands look like they serve 3 purposes.

My headlight stands are steel, and welded directly to the frame. My bucket is going to more truck then car so I wanted something that looked beefy, fact is you can stand on them and they dont move. They look crooked in this photo, but not on the car.

Baby Huey said:
Bruce what does the bottom of the bracket look like where it bolts or welds onto the frame ?
I'm thinkin of Bolting mine onto the frame side and top, but I'm only .188 on the tube so it won't hold a 3/8" or 7/16" thread too well without inserts or a thread plate. Kinda hate to weld em on incase they get damaged or a cop car smashes into me...:eek::eek::eek: (Sorry Fred...)
Thank's for the picture ! "BH"

I'll have to pull her out of the garage to get a pic of the base. They're bolted in with riv-nuts nice and tight with no wiggle.

Here is a pic from the front though.

100_1668.jpg

I made mine by using a section out of a 3/4" thin wall conduit 90 degree sweep, a piece of 2" exhaust tubing an a piece of 1 1/2" angle iron. Since my car is rather low I did not want my lights sticking up high. This set up allows the lights to mount nice and low.

Sorry, I guess I have forgotten how to post a picture. I'll try again later and see if I can do it.

Okay, I think I've got it now...

IMG_0664.jpg

Here's another with the headlight mounted

IMG_0671_2.jpg

That a great deal $100.00 dollars for peter built lights with the small marker in the top ring and as you stated it can be wired to make the marker a directional. Is the marker clear are amber I like the clears ether way great buy.;)

EX JUNK said:
Okay, I think I've got it now...

IMG_0664.jpg

Thank's "junk", thats just what I had in mind. I think those look pretty clean, simple to build. I should be able to handle that.... Thank's ! "BH"

Isn't thinwall going to fracture from vibration? They look great. Where is the exhaust tubing used?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back