Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How sturdy are spirit bodies?

kev23t

I am wanting to install bomber seats and not much interior. I am not going to run an insert either. Will the spirit industries body be ok without wood support? I am going for that old school bare look, maybe spray in bed liner on the inside of the body and thats it.

This is a Spirit body, car was built in 2003. The only wood is a T on the door sides.

544121170_471560d0ca_o.jpg

The wood really isn't attached well at all on mine, but it adds that little bit of reinforcement for when I exit the vehicle and stand on the top of the door. Not sue if I'd do it often if the little reinforcement was NOT there, but the bodies are built well.

Is the wood connected to the floor? glued ? Is the floor fiberglass or wood?

This is a Spirit body, car was built in 2003. The only wood is a T on the door sides.

544121170_471560d0ca_o.jpg

The wood really isn't attached well at all on mine, but it adds that little bit of reinforcement for when I exit the vehicle and stand on the top of the door. Not sue if I'd do it often if the little reinforcement was NOT there, but the bodies are built well.

I am wanting to install bomber seats and not much interior. I am not going to run an insert either. Will the spirit industries body be ok without wood support? I am going for that old school bare look, maybe spray in bed liner on the inside of the body and thats it.

The only body I've seen that didn't need wood is the CCR body.

I to have a spirit body, and was thinking about the same thing.

Does the floor need to be reinforced or not.
I'm not to worried about the sides. I have no doors.
The floor on the other hand. After I cut out the holes for the Shifter, battery box, and master cylider.

I to have a spirit body, and was thinking about the same thing.

Does the floor need to be reinforced or not.
I'm not to worried about the sides. I have no doors.
The floor on the other hand. After I cut out the holes for the Shifter, battery box, and master cylider.

Ok, scrach that. Just call spirit and asked.
Josh, said I don't have to reinforce it. It strong enough. Even after I cut the holes in it.

:)

Here's mine. I have been told it's a CCR or K&S body. It seems K&S does thiers the same way as CCR. Anyway, I like the no frills (cheap), striped down look. I used brush on truck bedliner on the interior walls. It's maintenance (clumsy) free and if it rains, I'm only worried about me getting wet. The seats are boat seats mounted on a 4 1/2" riser.

Does anyone have info on how to install a wood kit? Detailed info on installing floor?

Here's mine. I have been told it's a CCR or K&S body. It seems K&S does thiers the same way as CCR. Anyway, I like the no frills (cheap), striped down look. I used brush on truck bedliner on the interior walls. It's maintenance (clumsy) free and if it rains, I'm only worried about me getting wet. The seats are boat seats mounted on a 4 1/2" riser.

Maybe Don will post some pics of how he did his body. He did an excellent job.

Ron

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/interior002.jpg/

The bedliner. Any prep work before putting it on?

The bedliner. Any prep work before putting it on?

Just follow the instructions on the can. Rough it up with sandpaper, clean off the dust and apply.

I really like the look Fred.

thomas :wow:

HEY OLD BUDDY!!! How you been!?

Sorry to steal the thread. I have not heard from Thomas in a while.

HEY OLD BUDDY!!! How you been!?

Sorry to steal the thread. I have not heard from Thomas in a while.
I'm doing fine Fred. Just got my computer up and running again. Glad to see your still around. I'll try to post more often. Hop to have the car completely done in the next couple of months. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can remember how.

Sure good to hear from you my friend.

thomas :wow:

Spirit uses Nida Core on top of our fiberglass floor. Same material they use in the RV industry to strengthen the walls up with. It is a honey comb material.

Thomas good to see you back on the board and it was good to hear from you the other day.
Thanks Josh, I'll be getting in touch with you soon for the rest of my interior. For all who want to know about the Spirit body, just one word. BEST

thomas :rolleyes:

What about the walls are they sturdy without wood?

Fiberglass dose not take flexing well. Look at any older Corvette that has been driven and you will find cracks. I believe strongly in using wood reinforcment in these bodies. As for the gluing vs. 'glassing the wood in, I have recently replaced the wood in a body where it was glued in. I was able to pick most of the wood out with my fingers. 'nough said ...

Ron

I was in a wreck and mine survived. In fact it pulled away from the rear of the frame where it was connected by bolts and well nuts. The body has no flex in it what so ever and I have had people climb into it. So if the Spirit body is as thick as it sounds, I think you'll do okay. The side glass in mine is almost a 1/4" thick, thicker in some spots like where the windshield attaches and the bottom was about a 3/8".

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back