Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Bucket Build

Alright guys, i am freaking STOKED!!!!! :D:D:D:D I started her for the first time today and drove her around the blocked for the first time. I still have a 8-10 bugs to sort out but over all i am thrilled to say the least. I did all the wiring this week and finally busted it off. My dad looked like he was 17 again when we fired it up. Priceless moments!

Here is a video (pardon the audio):

Picture0033.jpg

Picture0022.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

I wish i had better audio but it has unbelievable response and HP. It has way more motor than it needs, LOL. The engine builder called it between 425-450 HP and i can feel every single horse. Still have to do some jet work on the carbs but otherwise the engine runs real nice.

Looks super. Sounds awesome!!
Only missing one thing in your pics or video.
You or your dad or both of you sitting in it with smiles a mile wide!!!!
That would be PRICELESS!!!!

Nice work. Great father n son project.

Ron

Congratulations, that looks FANTASTIC. I went back and read this whole thread. You first posted in Sept and the first post says it is going to be a slow build. Then just about 100 days later you are almost finished and drove it. WOW quick work with great workmanship. Some guys take years to do what you just did.

Congratulations, that looks FANTASTIC. I went back and read this whole thread. You first posted in Sept and the first post says it is going to be a slow build. Then just about 100 days later you are almost finished and drove it. WOW quick work with great workmanship. Some guys take years to do what you just did.

Thanks Ron. I hate to admit this but i am a pretty impatient person. :rolleyes: So, i am always taking advantage of every free minute i can find to work on it. The biggest plus is having dad there to help me. 4 hands makes life a ton easier than two as you all are well aware of.My original plan was to have it ready to go by Springtime. I hope to still make that deadline if i can get my interior done. I will be doing the interior myself so that will take some time.

I now have to go back and change a few things that i did not like once i drove it. First, is the steering wheel is too far away from me. Second, the rear end sits too low and my oil pan drain plug scraps the ground in some places. Aside from these i have another 6-8 minor things to modify. I feel like i have reached a turning point in this build so i will be slowing down a good bit. My wife and kids are ready for me to take some time away from it also and all you family men know what that means :whistling: hahaha.

Thanks to all you guys for the kind words. Having the "seal of approval" on a project like this from you all means a lot and makes the build that much better.:thumbsup:

Thanks Ron. I hate to admit this but i am a pretty impatient person. :rolleyes: So, i am always taking advantage of every free minute i can find to work on it. The biggest plus is having dad there to help me. 4 hands makes life a ton easier than two as you all are well aware of.My original plan was to have it ready to go by Springtime. I hope to still make that deadline if i can get my interior done. I will be doing the interior myself so that will take some time.

I now have to go back and change a few things that i did not like once i drove it. First, is the steering wheel is too far away from me. Second, the rear end sits too low and my oil pan drain plug scraps the ground in some places. Aside from these i have another 6-8 minor things to modify. I feel like i have reached a turning point in this build so i will be slowing down a good bit. My wife and kids are ready for me to take some time away from it also and all you family men know what that means :whistling: hahaha.

Thanks to all you guys for the kind words. Having the "seal of approval" on a project like this from you all means a lot and makes the build that much better.:thumbsup:

How High is the bottom of the frame to the ground? What size wheels and tires are you running?

Great job and congrats! You're over the hard stuff and on your way to the home stretch. Awesome use of time.

Not sure but the oil pan was one inch off the ground. The tires are M/T 33 x 19.50 x 15 Sportsman's. I went over today and adjusted the shocks all the way out and i now have 2+ inches of clearance.
Houston, we may have a problem. That sounds below scrub to me. Do you have a really deep pan?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back