Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Bucket Build

What jmr122848 suggested is what I was going to suggest. That way you would not encounter this problem in the future if you had to drop the pan.

Jim

Perhaps L channel over the top of the frame with two bolts from the top into nut certs or something along those lines, attach the cross member, definitely wont fall down. Will allow you to raise the engine a couple of inches. Might think about doing the trans mount the same way, if driveshaft alignment will be o.k..

Perhaps L channel over the top of the frame with two bolts from the top into nut certs or something along those lines, attach the cross member, definitely wont fall down. Will allow you to raise the engine a couple of inches. Might think about doing the trans mount the same way, if driveshaft alignment will be o.k..

Thanks John. I will try to get some pics of what i have currently. I did weld a piece of 1/4" plate from the top edge of the frame over to the bolt tube. I think it would hold as is but i rather be on side of safe than sorry.

Zack, I have a question ,did you buy or make front top shock mounts ?? If you bought them , where at ??? Your car looks great. ENJOY....

Hey Zack , if you still need a crossmember , Looks like CARMEN has one sitting against his garage wall that he's not using , maybe you 2 could work something out ?!?!
dave

Zack, I had that same crossmember and had to jack the motor to change the pan. Finally got mad and took the Sawzall to the crossmember, removing the middle half. That was 5 years ago and had no problems since.

Zack, I had that same crossmember and had to jack the motor to change the pan. Finally got mad and took the Sawzall to the crossmember, removing the middle half. That was 5 years ago and had no problems since.

Thanks, i did the exact same thing and i may not put it back in. I will probably just clean up the cuts, paint and keep on going. Glad to know i am not the only one with this problem.

Just a few more pics. It's going to the upholsterer a week from Monday. It will be complete then and ready for the first local car show in March. Sorry for the bad quality. Next time i will get my good camera.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Looking good Zack! You planning on going to the T bucket Nats or the Buckethead Bash this year?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back