Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ultra fun 23 build lol

after many hours of grinding itching and saying bad words and my whole garage looking like it snowed I got it down to this

the floor is made from 3/4 inch plywood and the trans tunnel was made by laying a old rain coat and cardboard was laid over the transmission used for mockup and and then several layers of glass covered over it

next was on to the hood and grill shell. I knew I wanted a hood so I decided to make one from scratch which required a lot of work as I wanted it to actually rest on the firewall so it looked like it actually was ment to be on the car20160722_213247.jpg

here is the framework that I made to start with then I covered it with cloth and then layered it with several layers of glass

I then cut the body at the fire wall and made a lip for the hood to sit on and also made a lip on the grill shell for a cleaner look

the grill shell was very thin and not useable in the shape it was in so I added more glass to it all over for strength and had to split the front and redo it so it was flat.here is the finished piece

followed by many days of body work because I'm not very good at it. my father was a body man for a living so I was used to him doing the things for me but he passed away a couple of years ago so I had to do this one myself lol he made it look easy for sure.

next was on to mocking up the headers and I knew I wanted lakestyle headers but couldn't justify the cost. so I decided to make them here are some pics of them before I finished welding them as I do not have a current pic of them

I made them out of heavy wall 90 degree conduit bends and made the cone out of 3 inch heavy conduit that I cut a pie slice out of and used clamps to slowly close the piece up with clamps and a hammer and dolly. to get the cone shape and welded them up I have sinc finished ground them and covered them with black header wrap I wanted to make a original set of lake pipes out of a 1935 ford driveshaft cut in the middle for the cones but could not locate one at the time so I just made them lol.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back