Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ultra fun 23 build lol

the bed cover was made from a old door off of s desk that i cutup and glassed over and started the body work it sits to one side by a little bit but I'm not going to change it.i forgot to mention that i lengthened the bed to make the gas tank fit down inside because of the rear spring so i had to redo the body lines after to make it look right

last but not least for now was the adapters i had to make to run the early ford wire wheels i had to go from a 5 on 4 3/4 to 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern. and the also require a support area to help the wheel from cracking i could have bought them but found some material and made them20160426_112818.jpg

i work with two great older guys that helped me with the wheel spacers they helped me get the trued up in the lathe thanks dave and rick you guys are the best co workers a person could have.

last thing for tonight is my headlights i was going to use a set from a 26 ford but i couldn't find a way to add a newer style bulb to them so i would have better lighting sa older gentlemen down the road brought me a present lol. the lights are from a 1919 olds and the are huge lol i was able to take a set of old ford ranger headlights and cut them up and do a clean install in the really old lights. i also put the turn signels in them for a cleaner look

i hope i didn't post to much this evening but i wanted to get this all on here i have many more pics i can send to people if they will help someone please fire away with things you like or think i need to change because I'm open to all comments that's all i have for now in still looking at taillight options i like model a ford ones but hahe thought about making a set that look likeold pistons with the lights recessed in them all you guys have a great evening

Being a machinist has its benefits! Nice work. When I was reading about Ranger headlights I thought "please don't put square headlights on this richous ride!"! Lol

Good stuff.

Keep posting as I really enjoyed seeing what you've been able to accomplish on a limited budget.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back