Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

What motor is it? A 4.3 is rated a 220, I have a older mercruiser branded 4.3 that is advertised at 235, its carbureted with a Rochester 2 v with hei ignition and

150 hp in a 1800 pound buggy will move ok. I thought you had a 4.3... Those are what we used to swap into stuff that a v8 wouldn't fit or wasn't wanted. I think those little v6's were rated for around 125 or so. Carb and ignition is about all I would do. If you wanted more, a different engine would be more money wise than upgrading it.

I'd love to go with a Buick 3.8 V6, but if I have to replace my GM 2.8 I'd go with either the 3.1 or 3.4 variation of the same motor. All the stuff I've invested in for the 2.8 would carry over.

My 2.8 started out at 135 hp with the MPFI...the carb variant was 125 hp...I'm hoping with my bolt ons to at least get back to 135, and I'll be happy if it made 150.

Well, did a short stint at work and went to pay for the rear end. They're gonna deliver it this afternoon. Celebration Day! So, here's some Zepp from the Celebration Day concert. Most people say, "Stairway to Heaven" was Zepps best. It seems only recently that they've REALLY listened to "Kashmir" and caught the changes and riff's. "Kashmir"

When I was on my first ship, we'd jam this while waiting for a "General Quarters Drill". Damage Controlman 2nd Class '89-'99.

T Buckets rock!

Last edited:
full

54 1/2" WMS to WMS
47 1/4" BP to BP

And now....... the WAR song. "Immigrant Song".

full

Unlike my last S10 rear, this one doesn't have the balancer attached to the yoke. Makes for a clean look, IMO.

Someone sent me a PM on the HAMB, asking if I had enough room to work on my car. These are views of the shop/apartment I'm renting. Lot's of room and my land lord is a Hot Rodder from the 50's.:D

full

full

Now that is an area ever guy would like to have. Wouldn't want to heat it up in wisconsin. I'd go broke.

Now that is an area ever guy would like to have. Wouldn't want to heat it up in wisconsin. I'd go broke.

This past winter, to keep the shop warm, we closed that bay door in the back. Stopped the flow through air. But in the summer, those big ass floor fans are on full speed. The enemy, in Houston, is the damn humidity. It'll be 76 degrees, but the heat index is 90. In late July, early August the index is 100+ and no breeze.

Congrats on the axle score! Now I have a definite case of shop envy.

Fred, do you like the blues?

I was watching him with Paul Rogers last night n the university station. Good stuff! They are playing at one of my favorite venues here in November. The palace theater, excellent acoustics.

That rear is exactly what we put in our last T build- 3.42 with the G80 factory gov-lock posi unit. It's perfect with the 283 and T350 trans.

And when I'm "feeling it", Johnny Cash.

In my opinion, the best love song that was ever written or sung.

Reactions: RPM
I'm curious as to what the "muffler clamps" on the axle tubes were for ??
dave

LOL Don't know. Don't care. They'll get removed, but I'm keeping brake line brackets.

We don't sell those, they are in my car and are made by Fibersteel out of Azusa, Ca. The most comfortable lo-profile buckets I have sat in but are reproduction Porsche leather seats and are unfortunately priced accordingly.
The posts are our (CCR's) straight ones but have been cut and laid back around 8-10 degrees to match the body line on that car
The mirror is our standard stainless post mirror with the short arm and we do stock those. The photo below is the standard length arm

View attachment 12028 View attachment 12029
Jerry, I didn't see the mirrors on your website. You have 2 different lengths? Also how much are they? Thanks

Jerry, I didn't see the mirrors on your website. You have 2 different lengths? Also how much are they? Thanks

Same here. Looked and didn't see them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back