Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

Guess not.

Fred you know the bolt holding the radius rods are special right? Speedway calls them flat top axle perches.

Yea, I've got a pair. Had 'em for a while. Polished stainless steel. Look closely at my early pics, when I got the bones and you can kinda see them. As I've gotten into taking things apart and putting them back together so much, I decided to put them away for the finish. Also, ALL of my front hardware is stainless. I got tired of chrome.

full

Last edited:
Trouble posting pics. Were they too big?

Well, I guess a link will have to do. I had a spare set of lights from my previous build and decided to have some fun.

Last edited:
Taking shape Fred. I try to keep my pictures at around 620X420 Range. They post fairly big, but don't eat up much space.

Taking shape Fred. I try to keep my pictures at around 620X420 Range. They post fairly big, but don't eat up much space.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Geez... lack of over time and helping friends with their builds has caused a delay in updates. Gathering knowledge of how these cars go together has or will influence my next few updates. Luckily, a good friend is a fabricator, so he's decided to show me the basics of thin gauge metal working and I go straight to his shop after work. It's fun, but VERY tedious. Kinda like life.

It seems like I make good progress, then something comes up and breaks my momentum and focus, that's just how it goes when we have to balance what we want with what is required or expected of us... As long as you keep going back to it, it will work out.

It's all part of the journey, Fletch. My focus is sharp as a razor. So, in these times, I research, plan and work out the next steps. I just like to post what's on my mind sometimes.

I seem to make progress in spurts, I make progress, then something comes up that I have to deal with, family or business, or health.... But as long as I keep it in mind and research, think about what I want to do next, I get back to it. This site helps because watching other projects motivates me to keep moving. It would be easy if it was the only thing on my plate!

Planning for me is a double edged sword. When I'm planning I keep changing the project completely! My real love is front engine dragsters, but that is completely out of my budget. I have a stretched Spirit body with a drivers door but I really want a tube frame style chassis so I will change from 1 1/2x3 under the body to tube at the firewall! Next decision. Do I put 4' of tubing to the front axle or 10' to the front end and wing and the radiator in the pick up bed? Blown bbc or sbc?

Planning for me is a double edged sword. When I'm planning I keep changing the project completely!

Aint that the truth! I'm a planning and analysis fanatic. It's what I did professionally for 30 years, and it became part of my nature. On this project I've changed major directions 3 times...and have pretty much come full circle. Do I consider the time spent wasted? Nope. I think kind of along the lines of Edison when asked about his numerous attempts to make a light bulb....all those plans that did not pan out were not failures, they were discoveries of what won't work for me. Plus they've given me something to do, and kept me involved in the project over the long term aquisition of parts that my budget dictates.

Part of my Selina was solved today! Found a 454 vortex motor with 80k miles. Going back with truck tomorrow. Wheelbase will be more than likely around 180 to200 inches!

Holy bat wings Robin! Thats over 15'. I thought my wheelbase was long at 125" I wanna see a drawing of your project John. Hurry, intrigued with this.
Lee

Well, I decided to paint my front suspension pieces. All the pieces fit as required, so why not? It kept me busy and motivated. Two coats of red "One Shot" and a 1/4" brush to paint the insides of the holes. Worth every minute. Apologies for the bad lighting.

full

full

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back