Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

for the sake of discussion , taking Zandoz premise that the opposing ends of the sway bar should be close to level [which I agree] how come the 1 ccr makes obviously mounts at an imaginary angle , at least that's how it looks in the pics.....

dave

Because life is a matter of compromises...sometimes you have to go with what fits even though it's not ideal. There are a lot of different shape Panhards out there...and a lot of different bracketry. My preference would not be a panhard at all...I'd go with a wishbone locator.

Wouldn't it work better if the mounts were made to be more inl-line , then if need be , bend the bar for clearance ?? ..
BTW , I run a watts link , if you have room , I don't care for the sliding coupler affair....
dave

bt

Wouldn't it work better if the mounts were made to be more inl-line , then if need be , bend the bar for clearance ?? ..
BTW , I run a watts link , if you have room , I don't care for the sliding coupler affair....
dave

bt

It just depends what you have room for, and how much you want to or can afford to deviate from the path of least resistance.

Im no chassis builder but from what i have been reading it needs to be pretty close to level. You had sny luck on yours? You have same setup i have.
I have the bar in place and the axle brackets kinda sitting there. I'm going to drop my frame a s low as it'll go as see where that gets me. It's not going to be perfectly level but we shall see. So you know, I dropped my angle finder today and the clear cover and needle went flying in seperate directions. Back to Harbor Freight.

I have the bar in place and the axle brackets kinda sitting there. I'm going to drop my frame a s low as it'll go as see where that gets me. It's not going to be perfectly level but we shall see. So you know, I dropped my angle finder today and the clear cover and needle went flying in seperate directions. Back to Harbor Freight.
Im on second angle finder. Lol

112_zpsq8wzkbxq.jpg

069_zpsxftv3dsw.jpg
30x9.50-15 off jeep. 28.75" tall on Camaro 7.5" wide rim. still undecided on rear tire yet. 215/65-15 on front look nice. I still have a ways to go before I need the final tire combo.

I want to get this frame finished so I can disassemble and paint. workin up front on calipers and brake lines. should I go through RR and attach tab under frame or go over top. looks loke my calipers hit axle beins there is no stops.

Cooter, how far to the passenger side does the rear end move to the right when it travels?

pan path.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back