Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Well, finish welding rear axle and a shot of primer. Found out right rear axle flange is bent. This sucks!!! Guess the loader man hit ground with it wile walkin it through lot. Lucky me. More money i dont have.

344_zpsrzmm8ddj.jpg

101_zpslct15t3h.jpg
now I can start saveing my money for rpm's corvair steering box. very slow tryin to build a hot rod and raise 2 boys. they are learning a dying trade. old school is only school.

101_zpslct15t3h.jpg
now I can start saveing my money for rpm's corvair steering box. very slow tryin to build a hot rod and raise 2 boys. they are learning a dying trade. old school is only school.

They[the boys] are smarter than you think and learn at a far faster rate than you or I did. Teach them the basics to an engine[ fire-fuel-compression-air], basic welding/fabrication techniques and hand tool ID and use[6 point-12 point wrenches and sockets], torque values and such, then give each a 3 1/2 HP motor to tear down and put back together , with your assistance and supervision, and watch their faces light up when they get them running again. Most memorable time of your hotrod life or close to it. Add more info as they progress in age such as front end geometry and frame construction. They will let you know when they want to learn more. Besides, you know where they are and what they are doing.

They[the boys] are smarter than you think and learn at a far faster rate than you or I did. Teach them the basics to an engine[ fire-fuel-compression-air], basic welding/fabrication techniques and hand tool ID and use[6 point-12 point wrenches and sockets], torque values and such, then give each a 3 1/2 HP motor to tear down and put back together , with your assistance and supervision, and watch their faces light up when they get them running again. Most memorable time of your hotrod life or close to it. Add more info as they progress in age such as front end geometry and frame construction. They will let you know when they want to learn more. Besides, you know where they are and what they are doing.
I started at 10 watchin pop build a pinto powered dunebuggy. Im 37 now. Boys are 11 & 9. Time to pass the torch.

My dad started me off with rebuilding a late '40s Clinton mower motor when I was 5. By the time I was 8 he had me changing oil, filters and plugs on our and my great aunt's cars. Between his guidance, and seeing my uncle building a car from the ground up around the same time, there was no chance I'd not be a gearhead.

Its a board that goes from your floor up to your fire wall. Its like in a production car how the floor slops up to the fire wall. Someone else on here could explain it better then my rambling. :unsure:

Its a board that goes from your floor up to your fire wall. Its like in a production car how the floor slops up to the fire wall. Someone else on here could explain it better then my rambling. :unsure:
No. I prolly wont do that. I think floor then firewall on top. I want firewall to be on top of floorboard.

Yes my fire wall will be on top also, and I don't no if I want to do toe boards Eather. What are you doing for a seat?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back