Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Why are you guys putting wood beind the firewall ?? You can attach anything you need to w/epoxy . The imedment plate I epoxied in for the gas pedal has been there for 14 years it ain't going anywhere !!
dave

Why are you guys putting wood beind the firewall ?? You can attach anything you need to w/epoxy . The imedment plate I epoxied in for the gas pedal has been there for 14 years it ain't going anywhere !!
dave
Strength. This shell rickety. Attach my steering column to it also

Yes that was my thinking beef it up .I was thinking of a metal structure under the dash for steering column support, then tie into the frame. I don't no we're to start Eather. I thought I would fugue out my seat so I no how long steering column should be.

Yes that was my thinking beef it up .I was thinking of a metal structure under the dash for steering column support, then tie into the frame. I don't no we're to start Eather. I thought I would fugue out my seat so I no how long steering column should be.
Im right there with ya.

Check epay , usually some good deals , speedway's probably buying from the same off-shore providers that the epay guys use ..
dave

108_zpsbt1yvcfs.jpg

Looks good! That's how I've done it- add a couple layers of glass around the perimeter and resin the whole thing and it'll be plenty strong.

now, where does the john brown brake pedal come through floor? do I build this from firewall back or from seat forward? what seat? im tryin to figure this out. im way outside my safe place.

From my experience, you'll want to start working on the seat as this will set up steering column placement (with steering wheel), shifter placement, and location of brake and gas pedals. Don't assume that anybody's stuff will work right until you sit in the seat or have to climb over the shifter. You can look at the build thread I have called "Purple Powder Pickup" for how we tackled the seat (narrowed 2nd row minivan) and interior. If you click through the photos, you can probably get to the photobucket library for all the build pics.

Looking good cooter. I'm trying to figure out my seat.My Minnie van seat sitts to far forward for me. Thinking of building a wood base and going from there.

still need help with radiator. Saw a 65 mustang radiator in a grill shell in grand rivers ky car show on a 27 T with a straight 6 diesel engine. Any ideas. Im runnin small chevy. E bay has aluminium radiators for half what speedway askin. Whats best lookin option?

I'm running a '65 V-8 Mustang radiator in a glass '32 shell on mine. Thermostat housing goes straight up, then formed hose over to radiator. image.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back