Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

189_zpsgdztojy5.jpg
leaned radiator back. level at ride height.
188_zps1c9lkuk8.jpg
192_zps5tmxxamp.jpg
level
193_zpse0mlmxqg.jpg
wonder if radiator should come straight up now?
194_zpsktvltwas.jpg

Looking good Cooter. Did you lower your engine some? It looks a lot lower than it did in earlier photos. Everything looks like it is flowing together.
Lee

I really enjoy seeing the boys getting involved in the build. It is things like this that both you and the boys will remember for a long, long time.

Jim

Looking good Cooter. Did you lower your engine some? It looks a lot lower than it did in earlier photos. Everything looks like it is flowing together.
Lee
Engine is in same location. Leaned radiator back to level. This is why you build at ride height, then back up at distance and look. Amazing how these things play on the eyes.

boys do good work..

Do they hire out? I've got a Rochester 2G that's going to eventually need rebuilding. I'm not looking forward to it. The last time I rebuilt a "normal" carb was 1977, and I'm losing feeling and dexterity in my hands almost daily.

Do they hire out? I've got a Rochester 2G that's going to eventually need rebuilding. I'm not looking forward to it. The last time I rebuilt a "normal" carb was 1977, and I'm losing feeling and dexterity in my hands almost daily.
They do side jobs

026_zpsc4kg8kan.jpg
027_zpsho01uodr.jpg
028_zps4r5s8x9q.jpg
changed mind on 1x1 then 3/4x3/4 now i think this will work. ill tie this angle into windshield posts soon as i can afford them. then run some 1x1 from this to firewall and 3/4x3/4 down kick pannel from windshield post to floor behind interior pannels.. this is all i have to offer for now...

oh yea!!! NOTE TO SELF... do this before you put floor in or else you get to lay on your back upside down in a not so fun place...

oh yea!!! NOTE TO SELF... do this before you put floor in or else you get to lay on your back upside down in a not so fun place...

I hear ya. I'm not even venturing under my dash anymore until I cut the door openings.

Cory: I did something similar on my '27- see below. On the '23, we just welded the tabs directly to the column.

Have you considered fiberglass? These snug fitting tubes are 1/4" wall and have slots cut in the top sides.

10-19-14.JPG

Nice stainless clamps keep the column secure. And the firewall side is a crisp exit.

1-17-15 3.JPG

I don't know, there would be a lotta leverage at the end of the column. Does it need to be that long?
And really, Czechs column stubb/wheel is only a few inches and its supported right at the dash. Too much waving in the wind.
Don't give up on the hood. Raise the radiator shell til its' level with the cowl line then loooook at it.
You did a great job with the pick up box and those lines. You can do it here.

Just my opinion, seats too high, shell too low, column too long, rad shell should come back, should have a a rear cowl support tube hoop to support the stubb column/ steering wheel and get another u-joint in there for front impact protection.

You have done a great job so far. These are my suggestions that can be taken with the proverbial grain of salt.

John

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back