Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

As for frame/shock mounts, how 'bout Senor Pope?

Also, I think from now on, OPs should send in pictures of the on going build, with the builder
seated in the car to get a proper perspective of car/builder/passenger relationship.

Oh, also, Cooter, you're gonna need ballet shoes to drive that thing. Boots don't look like they have a lot of room to maneuver.

John

As for frame/shock mounts, how 'bout Senor Pope?

Also, I think from now on, OPs should send in pictures of the on going build, with the builder
seated in the car to get a proper perspective of car/builder/passenger relationship.

Oh, also, Cooter, you're gonna need ballet shoes to drive that thing. Boots don't look like they have a lot of room to maneuver.

John
What is op?

OP is original poster, the person that originates the post.

Ask about his off-the-shelf shock/headlight mounts.

John

Kinda half kidding 'bout the shots showing the builder, driver, passenger, crew chief, head mechanic, gofer, kitchen help, wife, kids, pets, etc..

Although, they could help the builder visualize how the car sits and how the passengers would fit into it.

Just a thought.

For a front shock set-up I'd go with one of the extended shackle bolts for the axle end, and one of the F1 style mounts or a pair of these Head Light Shock Mounts if you want to combine the functions of shock and headlight mounts.

Talked to ron today. He has a shock/light mount. My deal is at the lower shock mount. I might have to move my tierod forward a fuzz. Friend of mine gave me a plate with 3 holes that goes at shackle.

056_zpsbnmb8wcf.jpg
057_zpswub6j64j.jpg
058_zpsal80mx5k.jpg
060_zpsi6ts44bb.jpg
061_zpsbfgtvgyx.jpg

Is one of the problems that the axles are 48" and leave very little room for fitments. There ARE 50" axles out t here that I would highly recomend.

If that cap is what I think it is (crab cap with left & right orientation of wires so everything is smoooooth) take it off and trash it immediately !

We (including everyone on the board) tried to figure out a miss-fire on Oino's T until he confessed he had a directional cap on his distributer that was cross firing horribly. Look it up in the history. 'Bout a year and a half or more ago.
You also get to experience our beloved Mike at his full tilt, Scotch best. Man could lay down a verbal ass whipping.
RIP

John

Alright, call off the dogs, it appears that is a conventional cap with some very nice wire routing. I stand corrected.

If that cap is what I think it is (crab cap with left & right orientation of wires so everything is smoooooth) take it off and trash it immediately !

We (including everyone on the board) tried to figure out a miss-fire on Oino's T until he confessed he had a directional cap on his distributer that was cross firing horribly. Look it up in the history. 'Bout a year and a half or more ago.
You also get to experience our beloved Mike at his full tilt, Scotch best. Man could lay down a verbal ass whipping.
RIP

John

Alright, call off the dogs, it appears that is a conventional cap with some very nice wire routing. I stand corrected.
Aint useing one of them goofed up caps.. Expensive p.o.s. i moved number one at firewall on drivers side and started my firing order from there.. All my cross wires tuck behind clean so you dont see um. Lol

What length are those shocks, and what is the distance from center to center on your mounts? Looks like the shocks are long.
Lee

These are the 14" shocks. Im gonna need the short ones from speedway.. Tierod is on top CCR style

I think even if you turned the lower shock mounts upside down they would be still to long. 14" extended or closed?
Lee

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back