Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

And may I suggest using the correct number or letter drill for the size tap you pick to ensure maximum thread depth. This will give you the strongest thread and reduce the possibility of it stripping later.

And may I suggest using the correct number or letter drill for the size tap you pick to ensure maximum thread depth. This will give you the strongest thread and reduce the possibility of it stripping later.

Had a kid at a store look at me like I was from Mars when I asked for letter and number sized drill bits.

046_zpshp40jpt3.jpg
047_zpstjhx24v8.jpg
049_zpsk4ehhtbl.jpg
050_zpsxx3bcci8.jpg
out with the mock up case and ready for new.
051_zps13fpnr7b.jpg
070_zpsskqcsibp.jpg
all buttoned up.
071_zpsnqlnslrs.jpg
TV cable lays in nice.
083_zpsornfgxjs.jpg
084_zpsfvxe3q3l.jpg
not bad for a saturday play day with two hammer heads.

Your trans cooler is mounted in almost in the same location as mine. I have a simple strap coming from the frame, to hold the front end of the cooler. Bet your doing the same. I think your rear panhard will give your rear assy a push to the right when the the rearend travels upward. If you would add a few inches to the bar, and make a 90 degree bend downward to the rearend mount, that would fix that issue. Maybe no big deal, depending on how close to the body or bed the tires run.
Keep up the great work, your getting there, and I enjoy your build posts. Lee

Your trans cooler is mounted in almost in the same location as mine. I have a simple strap coming from the frame, to hold the front end of the cooler. Bet your doing the same. I think your rear panhard will give your rear assy a push to the right when the the rearend travels upward. If you would add a few inches to the bar, and make a 90 degree bend downward to the rearend mount, that would fix that issue. Maybe no big deal, depending on how close to the body or bed the tires run.
Keep up the great work, your getting there, and I enjoy your build posts. Lee
I had Ron make me another braket for frame.. Panhard gotta come way down.. Its on my list. Lol

700R4. With quadrajet carb on performer RPM intake.. Slid cable back pulled carb to WOT wile I had finger on TV cable release... I have never been able to adjust one of these like it shows in book or video.. They never ratchet unless I hold that release just a blond hair to let it click.

i need to find banjo fittings for my master cyl. 9/16-18 on rear port and 1/2-20 on front port.. any help would be appreciated.

9/16-18 is the same as holley single feed gas line...should be easy to find..1/2-20 I don't know... you're sure it's not 7/16-20 ?
dave

126_zpsf9jnf4q8.jpg
these are pricey.. then i gotta adapt to my hard lines that are 1/4" on rear and 3/16" on front

Do you have room for 90* fittings instead of banjo? Try places that sell wrecker equipment or even trailer hitches, they use different fittings for line locks, and trailer brake controllers.

I found some of my fitting at J&P Cycles.. They have an online catalog. They had a larger selection of brake lines (SS) than did Speedway or others.
Lee

Man, you're moving right along. You'll probably have 1,000 miles on your car before I get mine done.

how is that hot rod comeing? im still learning and easing along.

Still working on it every single weekend. I'll put up some new pics soon.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back