Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

these are 4" BS
Thanks! That gives me a good indication. I've not decided on the hubcap and trim ring treatment, but the ones that you have are under consideration...probably with ribbed trim rings. I'm planning on the wheels being painted a very dark green, so I feel I'm going to need a trim ring to brake up the black tire and the near black dark green on the wheel.

Thanks! That gives me a good indication. I've not decided on the hubcap and trim ring treatment, but the ones that you have are under consideration...probably with ribbed trim rings. I'm planning on the wheels being painted a very dark green, so I feel I'm going to need a trim ring to brake up the black tire and the near black dark green on the wheel.
I like the hot rod 3 rib trim rings.

I like the hot rod 3 rib trim rings.
Yup! Those are the ones I'm considering if I go with the style hubcaps you have.

Do you have a pic of the back side of those hubcaps? I've considered trying to use the center 2 ribs as a guide to drill a dead-center hole for mounting a spinner to the caps. Just one of the many oddities bouncing through what passes for my brain

Yup! Those are the ones I'm considering if I go with the style hubcaps you have.

Do you have a pic of the back side of those hubcaps? I've considered trying to use the center 2 ribs as a guide to drill a dead-center hole for mounting a spinner to the caps. Just one of the many oddities bouncing through what passes for my brain
I'll get you a pic when i get home from work this evenin

It's a Chrysler mini van seat, but I massaged it to get it back inside of the tub. I am trying to get as much leg room as I can because my car is a manual shift and the clutch pedal and shifter make it very tight for me. I will likely convert my lights to led or buy different ones that surface mount. I will cross that bridge when I get a little further down the road... If I can't make it comfortable to drive, there won't be much need for brake lights. Lol.... It originally had the lantern style lights on it, but I don't want to use them, I want a more sinister, clean look. Anxious to get closer to that part of the build!

555-671287_2_zpskwsduew2.jpg

All of the problems folks seem to have mounting their windshields cemented my plan to use a pair of Brooklands windscreens...plus to me they're seriously cool...LOL.

Last edited:
Wow, that's some very nice work!!!

But I'm not sure how you got the build up for the windshield stanchions done??? How did you do that part?

I thought that might be the case, but it looked like it was about 3/16 thick
and would have been set out from the body by that amount. That's the part
that was giving me trouble. If that makes sense?

Thanks for the explanation!

I had to blend the body to post at rear cause i had a big gap.. I cut the front into the body some tryin to get a tight fit..

162_zpsdw2hud5g.jpg
163_zpscvj9a5jm.jpg
recon i can drill and tap frame or install nutserts? it aint like this heat sink is real heavy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back