Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

My son and I started on the 32 when he was 13 driving it at 16 totally finished when he was 18. Great experience. We took a 9 state 4000 mile road trip at finish. That might be a bit much for a T but you got to take him on at least a few short road trips.

He watches hot rod power tour video when they came through nashville. He tore up like soup samage. We try it.

828_zpsg56swnca.jpg
ready to wax and glass. where does my E-brake go? Beside shifter? If so im I gota re enginer

Cooter- polyester resin will loosen up the adhesive on masking tape.

Cover your masking tape with HVAC foil tape or spray glued kitchen foil. Resin won't stick to it. Even unwaxed, the finished tunnel will pop right off.
tape.jpg tape 2.JPG
You can get this stuff at Home Depot.

I covered it again with clear packaging tape. Is that ok? I can pick up some of that tspe if need be.

Nope, packing tape works well too. Good job.

I've also used Duct Tape with very good results.

Jim

023_zpsbwb6eqet.jpg
022_zpsnxqaltzk.jpg
021_zpsmkpcxcar.jpg
mounted one just cause I couldn't stand it. I'll save the other one for Jarrett tomorrow when I get him. time he learns to mount a tire.

Make sure that the steering arm is a forged factory original. Lots of potential breakage problems with ChiCom knock offs. Spend a little extra and get the real thing. :thumbsup:

John

There must be some way to move the mount over s bit. Are your sure the adjuster screw is adjusted correct. It looks long to me. You could shorten it, and grind a square head on it for easy adjusting. A slot would be easier, but a pita.

Hi cooter looks very similar to what ive been going through similar wheels steering,even did tunnel using foam and a plastic bag etc... good job
john

That mount looks like the angle will be too steep for that length of cowl, maybe trim the tab down a bit at the rear of the bracket and that may allow the box to go forward enough for the set screw to clear the block. If that is not enough trim the mount to allow the box to move outward.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back