Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Cooter, Just use a standard drill bit, the same size as your counter sink diameter, and drill to the bottom of your counter sunk taper. That is what I used for the socket head bolts on my brackets. Has held up fine for the last 3 years.

I use phillips heads macine bolts on quite a few things , I like 'em & really could care less if they're not "techy" enough for some ... they work & look fine to me !!
dave

Both choppedtop & 2old2fast are right and they show how individual each build is. It's the old "what is sauce for the goose is not necessarily sauce for the gander".

BUT ...... this is a public forum, and since I live vicariously thru these builds (not having the place or money while having done builds in my youth) I reserve a little space to observe, chide & cajole.
Anything I say is like spaghetti, all you have to do is throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks.

Lots of times all I have to go by is a photo, leaving me to say "what the heck?"

Case in point, an uncaptioned picture of master cylinder brake line routing of dubious fashion. ???

Its all good, John

I've found www.boltdepot.com to be a good source of stainless socket fasteners. Also the site is a good source of all kinds of fastener specs.

067_zpsyjnyqxoo.jpg
069_zps7krmdiis.jpg
088_zpsxg5mcues.jpg
little more progress

Windshield not very clear. I'd also double the height windshield. Maybe run that new top from Spirit made for 14 in.(?) windshield?

Just throwin' pasta 'gainst the wall.

John

Any PhotoShop experts in your family?

Still think you could fit a hood on it.

You gave me a good idea on how to build frame work under the dash. Is your firewall plywood? Did you use nut inserts to secure to the firewall?

You gave me a good idea on how to build frame work under the dash. Is your firewall plywood? Did you use nut inserts to secure to the firewall?
Yes I have 3/4 plywood... I'm still thinking about attachment at firewall. Probably a tab and a bolt into a threaded insert for wood.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back