Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Thanks man.. I'm slow..

Cooter are you painting the entire ride with spray cans? I turned my one car garage into a spray booth, hung plastic around all the walls, propped the door up with box fans sucking the fumes out filled in by cardboard. Then nailed strings from the rafters with parts hanging and sprayed all one color in 2 rounds.....it was kind of a dancing act if you will, as the spraying was taking place not to hit or bump into hanging parts. I do like where you are going with this project.

Cooter are you painting the entire ride with spray cans? I turned my one car garage into a spray booth, hung plastic around all the walls, propped the door up with box fans sucking the fumes out filled in by cardboard. Then nailed strings from the rafters with parts hanging and sprayed all one color in 2 rounds.....it was kind of a dancing act if you will, as the spraying was taking place not to hit or bump into hanging parts. I do like where you are going with this project.
So far spray cans of Kimball Midwest. My neighbor has a paint booth. He can shoot body for me if I ever teach myself to do body work.

So far spray cans of Kimball Midwest. My neighbor has a paint booth. He can shoot body for me if I ever teach myself to do body work.
Bodywork isn't bad, you just have to be committed to doing it and get into the mood, so to speak. My advise as a former body shop owner is don't skimp on materials, especially safety, like resperaters, masks, gloves. That stuff will kill you. I've lost many friends in the industry over the years including my dad from heart and lung issues.

Bodywork isn't bad, you just have to be committed to doing it and get into the mood, so to speak. My advise as a former body shop owner is don't skimp on materials, especially safety, like resperaters, masks, gloves. That stuff will kill you. I've lost many friends in the industry over the years including my dad from heart and lung issues.
I wear my mask... Stuff sure stinks.. Gloves also

I wear my mask... Stuff sure stinks.. Gloves also
It will get in your blood through the pores in your skin. I used to feel hung over the day after spraying paint, like a whole car, etc, from it and that was in a well ventilated shop set up for paint with a suit, respirator, etc... Not trying to scare anyone, just think about it. Also, I know lots of guys paint in open shops and use fans, furnace blowers, etc to evacuate the over spray and fumes, but I personally know a guy who had his shop explode from the sparks in the motor on a furnace blower fan that ignited the vapors. Paint booth fans have the motors isolated outside of where the fumes are so they are unable to have contact, just a FYI...

It will get in your blood through the pores in your skin. I used to feel hung over the day after spraying paint, like a whole car, etc, from it and that was in a well ventilated shop set up for paint with a suit, respirator, etc... Not trying to scare anyone, just think about it. Also, I know lots of guys paint in open shops and use fans, furnace blowers, etc to evacuate the over spray and fumes, but I personally know a guy who had his shop explode from the sparks in the motor on a furnace blower fan that ignited the vapors. Paint booth fans have the motors isolated outside of where the fumes are so they are unable to have contact, just a FYI...

I can completely understand that happening.....the paint I shot my bucket with, wow!! Unbelievably, potent, I almost have a hard time believing that in today's world (with all the regulations) that guy can buy the stuff without some kind of license.

I cannot believe some of the glass work that I have seen done on here, simply amazing! Choppinczech's project is incredible with the glass work he has done. Obviously not a back yard type guy, but a true professional. I think to when I did little glass work I did just patching a few spots and installing my dashboard......what a damn mess.....definitely did not do enough reading before hand!! What a stringing, sticky mess I had, probably ended up with more work fixing my poor performance than what was needed. But, it was fun doing.....

I can completely understand that happening.....the paint I shot my bucket with, wow!! Unbelievably, potent, I almost have a hard time believing that in today's world (with all the regulations) that guy can buy the stuff without some kind of license.
It's not unsafe, but you need to know what precautions to take. It's not intended for casual use, like rustolium spray paint, you need to protect yourself from that too. I made all the mistakes starting out, like most everyone else, but now we have things like this forum to share info, so it's easier to be informed.

606_zpseynwe5qh.jpg
tv cable installed.
607_zps3k1brr7k.jpg
layer#2 ready for resin..

Go, man! GO!:D

Good looking box. Is that an Odyssey battery or an Optimum? I have the Odyssey 925 and it has been great, so far.
Lee

I like your sons speedway hat, cheap skates never sent me a hat. I order something every other week it seams, should have about 30 hats by now. OH WELL.:rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back