Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got started today

This is an area where it would pay to go and see the tires mounted and put a tape measure on them. I dont know if you have state insp but some requite the tires to be DOT rated for city streets. Ask pleanty of questions so you dont have to sell your first set on ebay ARG that would stink!!!!

Do you have that basackwards 12'' wheel and 14 tire?????

rooster57 said:
This is an area where it would pay to go and see the tires mounted and put a tape measure on them. I dont know if you have state insp but some requite the tires to be DOT rated for city streets. Ask pleanty of questions so you dont have to sell your first set on ebay ARG that would stink!!!!

We don't have state inspections.

rooster57 said:
Do you have that basackwards 12'' wheel and 14 tire?????

I was going off what Ted was saying about runnng a 10" tire on a 14" wheel. I compromised and said 12" wide tire.

I am sure ted has more knoledge here than me. FO-SHO

Ted do you have a pic from the back with that combo?

Edit: My only reservation with this idea is that the low riders around here do that. They put short wheels/tires on trucks and cars where the wheel is way wider than the tire and they stick way out.

How about a 31/15.50 on a 10" rim?

ArtinthePark54005.jpg

I may be wrong but I believe if you are running a standard s10 rear axle on a Spirit car with a wide tire the most back spacing you can run is 3 1/2" . If you are not sure about the back spacing you can order 1 wheel the spacing you think you need and try it before you mount the tire and see if every thing will clear. If it does order the other wheel, if not you won't have to return but 1 wheel.

VegasBruce said:
How about a 31/15.50 on a 10" rim?

ArtinthePark54005.jpg

I do like that how that looks. Those are the same tires I was looking at (Hoosier), but I only found it in 16.5 wide on Jegs. That listing suggests a 12-14" wide rim.

KAA said:
I may be wrong but I believe if you are running a standard s10 rear axle on a Spirit car with a wide tire the most back spacing you can run is 3 1/2" . If you are not sure about the back spacing you can order 1 wheel the spacing you think you need and try it before you mount the tire and see if every thing will clear. If it does order the other wheel, if not you won't have to return but 1 wheel.

Josh at Spirit said anything between 3 3/8 and 4 1/2 should be fine.

Here is my car when I had the S-10 axle. The axle was 54.5" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. Tires are 31x18.50x15 on 15x14 wheels. Backspace is 3-3/8". As you can see, there was very little clearance between the tires and the bed flare... a little less than an inch. I never had tire rub, but it was closer than I was comfortable with. The only way I could see 4-1/2" backspace working would be if your tires had less bulge of the sidewalls.

Edit: Dang it! Forgot the pic!!

DSC00074.JPG

Mine are a little shorter at 295/50R15 on a 10 inch wheel. I would like a taller tire but these were such a steel at 500.00 for both new wheels and tires i couldnt pass it up.

I found this pic online. This is pretty much the exact look of the car I'm going for, color and all. Any guesses on how big these back tires are? I realize it's tough to tell from a picture, but maybe an educated guess from the pro's.

goal.jpg

They look pretty short... if you use wider wheels than the tire tread, that will get the tread area away from the body, gives more body clearance... I myself, will never run another WIDE tread tire again, I really like the taller tires on a wider wheel (makes them look wider) and a 10" tread grips like glue, plus the fact that I have not run over any curbs since I took them wide turkeys off, plus I get even better traction now... :lol: but you do what turns you on... This is what makes the World go round...

Satori said:
I found this pic online. This is pretty much the exact look of the car I'm going for, color and all. Any guesses on how big these back tires are? I realize it's tough to tell from a picture, but maybe an educated guess from the pro's.

goal.jpg

Those are N50 15's, that's what I was running till I whet to the Hoosiers.

100_1669.jpg

I painted a bunch of parts yesterday, and started assembly this morning. Here's what I got put together this morning. More pics later so I can ask you guys what I did wrong so far ;) but right now I'm late for bloody marys. :)

initialchassis.jpg

To bad you painted it already your Framus Tube is WAYYYY off.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back