Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

GRTS 2009-10 T-Bucket Build

Looking very good. Should be comfortable by the looks of the upholstry.
Great job Ken and class!

Lee

Awesome looking interior and paint.I thought grand parents where supposed to spoil grandkids?You didn't let him eat his candy in the bucket body.

Putz, Didn't even notice the candy Till you pointed out.:egypt: It's was like taking pictures of a really nice car that just happens to have girls hagging all over it.

The student responsible for Body and fram finish.

IMG_0367.jpg

Awesome looking bucket so do the kids get to take a supervised test drive or each one get it for a weekend.LOL

Lee, The car is looking great, just wondering here, why did you not hook up the engine fan? with an extension, it looks like it would line up almost perfect... They are hard to beat.. :)

Never really thought about it. On all my test engine stands i try hard to revmove anything students can get hands into. This year test engine build doesn't even use a water pump. We supplied water through block drainplug holes, block thermostat with a plate and inatalled nipple for hose to run to drain. So i guessthe electric fan was habit.

Keep those thought coming Ted. I'm taking Notes for next years project. That is assuming i get this finish up over the summer :nod:

Lee, Will do, e me anytime you need help or a question, I have a totally new idea for wiring that I am testing now, it should be a lot safer and cheaper to do, way less wire... Remember to try and keep the engine mounted up higher in the frame, to keep the oil pan out of harms way... :nod: PS, I do know what you mean about fingers in all the wrong places, White tips on the fan blades makes it way easier to see when running...

You and your students have done a great job. I can't imagine the memories these kids will take with them the rest of their lives. To have someone with the vision to take these young people through the process of building a car from scratch is awesome. The ownership they must feel having nearly completed the project.......I can't wait to meet you in Kentucky.

Back From: vacation, first three days of Bash and a week of training. First I would like to publicly thank B.C. and crew at Spirit for their hospitality and the Bucket Bash. Met new friends and got tons of new ideas for this years project. Can’t Wait to get back to school so we can finish the 2009/10 Project and start the new one. Car is still unfinished but we did display at our local Show.

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

I loved the way the bucket rocked when she blipped the throttle at the end. She looked like she really wanted to pull that tall gear shifter into drive and go.

Bob

Congrats. Sound great. Is that 'marbled' frame as nice as it looked in the pics. Pass on my congrats to the student who DID.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back