Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mike's 27 T Build.

Rear end is mocked up! Everything still needs to be adjusted and centered but it's all together.

carandwedding035.jpg

carandwedding036.jpg

Ordered my Fuel tank from Ron at RPM for my 27 today!! Have a bunch of parts coming for the car. Gotta spend that tax refund!! LOL:)

Did the rear disk conversion on the 27 this past weekend. Just mocking things up. Still have to do the rear seals, bearings, gears, differential, and paint. Here are some pictures.

pictures022.jpg

pictures021g.jpg

27ford007.jpg

27ford014.jpg

I agree ... that really cleans things up. Nice work!

Ron

Thanks! It was a pretty easy kit to install. Picked it up from Spirit. Cleaned up the back of the car alot and I'm sure it will stop better also. Going to start running the brake lines today not that the rear brakes are installed.

She's on wheels! Well for a couple minutes it was. Body/ wheels are already back off. Had to get a feel what's she was going to look like. Here's a couple pictures. Starting on the brake lines now along with mounting the upper front shock mounts and shocks.

27ford002.jpg

27ford003.jpg

27ford006.jpg

What is the wheelbase?

Jim

Thanks for checking , Mike.

Jim

Finished mocking up the upper shock mounts and shocks. All holes are drilled and tapped. Just have to clean up the brackets a little by rounding the edges and corners.

27frontshockmounts001.jpg

27frontshockmounts004.jpg

Mike, I'm curious why you wouldn't weld those shock mounts?

I don't have a welder is one reason plus they can be easily removed if needed. Others with this same setup have them bolted on also with no issues. With 4 grade 8 bolts holding each mount on I think it should be plenty strong enough.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back