Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

GRTS 2009-10 T-Bucket Build

(need to understand that the paint will only be as good as)Well Ruggs , I am absolutely sure you are right. I’m saying I personally clueless about Body stuff. I think my poor choice of “expression thingy” may have left the wrong idea. At this stage of the build I will have to defer to the Auto Body Instructor and have no doubt about the quality of the product they turn out. His weakest student knows 1000 times more than I do. I wish I had the patients and talent Collision Repair techs have. Arch and his class do 8 to 10 builder every year and this years batch come first, auction deadline will be here in a few weeks. The only directions given to the AB instructor is general colors (School Colors are Maroon/ Hunter Green/and a tan Color). I don’t know the paint scheme he will settle on. He is the artist. He does know my conservative nature and that I personal aren’t crazy about bright flames or Green. I dig the Ghost flames they did on my bike a few years ago. I do know top will be toast, Interior will be doeskin. I did hear them talk about marbling colors and/or fading colors top to bottom and some ghosting. All seem energetic to me. Daylight is burning and I can hardly wait to get it back so we can finish final assembly and finish electrics.

Tbucketchassis051.jpg

Tbucketchassis050.jpg

Tbucketchassis059.jpg

Tbucketchassis058.jpg

Tbucketchassis053.jpg

really nice prep work turned out awesome

Thanks Ted, I sure hope we built close enough that you recognize the designer.
rolleyes.gif
I do have a question for you. Is there any reason why your steering arms and design wouldn’t work on our Chevy spindle axle? I want to eventually try to build or buy a set that will bolt on and put link above and behind.

really nice prep work turned out awesome

Thanks, It is hard to see the marbling effect with the booth lights. I personally have never seen this on a car before, but am sure its has been done. Instructor didn’t really want me to take pics till after clear was on and in sunlight.

Thanks Ted, I sure hope we built close enough that you recognize the designer.
rolleyes.gif
I do have a question for you. Is there any reason why your steering arms and design wouldn’t work on our Chevy spindle axle? I want to eventually try to build or buy a set that will bolt on and put link above and behind.
Yes it is very easy, as you can do a complete bolt on set of arms to the top of the spindles, if you miss the Ackerman by a little, you can just washer (lock washers) one side or the other a bit more... :)

Hey those Kids can really lay down some nice paint.

Awesome looking interior and paint.I thought grand parents where supposed to spoil grandkids?You didn't let him eat his candy in the bucket body.

Awesome looking interior and paint.I thought grand parents where supposed to spoil grandkids?You didn't let him eat his candy in the bucket body.

I think the little guy is going to buy it. Just make sure you get a good deposit in case he changes him mind when he tells his girlfriend.
Gerry

Very cool
ct.gif

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back