Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Northern Build Begins on my 26 T

Hi Tom, I just wanted to compliment you on your Roadster. A lot of unique and interesting ideas. I especially like the design of your shock absorber and headlight incorporated into one bracket. I also like the profile of what the car is going to look like. Nice job.

Decided to make the box from the sheet metal I still have. Pics to follow.

I am making the box manually with no brake for the bends. I figure the dents from pounding the bends will add that Lil character. Welding the tubes and making the tailgate all by hand, Sides in place.
SuperiorVillage-20110202-00165.jpg

Tailgate bent and top tube tacked.
Superior-20110202-00166.jpg

Thinking of this for the door
Garage1.png

One more bend to front side and some trimming and 2 tubes to go and all of the bends are using 2 heavy angles, the back cross frame and a dead blow hammer..
Bucket1.jpg

Floor in the bed, might get wood floor later. Remounted the gas tank forward and lower.
Bucket2.jpg

Yes I changed my mind on the bed floor but it still may get a wood flat bed and sides later depending on how this looks finished.

:thumb:

Shortened my windshield supports, note one long one short.
IMG-20110217-00200.jpg

Both done
IMG-20110217-00202.jpg

Dash work
Superior-20110208-00188.jpg

Electronic speedometer.
IMG-20110211-00189.jpg

I would hope a 5.3 LS engine (327) should make it go at least 35 mph!!

Testing my thought for a nice addition Note the Chevy red/orange for the powered by chevy!!
FOMOCO.jpg

Can you say Windshield installed in frame. Note dash wiring in progress.
IMG-20110221-00213.jpg

Tom, What dash is that? And does it mount from the behind or in front of mounting holes?

Its looking great!

John

It is the ford dash for the 26-27 touring. It fits behind the holes. At one time I had thought of making a new dash that was the same height across but stuck with the original.

I hope to have enough regular wiring done to start it sometime this weekend. Then run the lights and signals the following week.

Nice progress one minor thing the red speedo numbers will be hard to see in the sun.I had a watch with those numbers back in the day couldn't read it without blocking sun.

Russ,

Keep your sales slip handy on that speedo, it looks exactly like the one I put in my Studebaker truck street rod, and it worked for exactly .3 miles, and has sat on 00 mph ever since. The (unnamed) manufacture said it was my fault and refused to repair it, but it's worth a try... (MY FAULT? All I did was hook it up like the instructions said to!)

Corley

When I got the sender unit, it was missing the cable adapter and gasket. the mfg sent me a complete new sender and did not want the old/new one back.

[sub]More goodies arrived yesterday. Heims for the drag link, mirrors, windshield wiper assembly.

Yesterday the dash is officially connected to the T-Bucket, through the senders and other items. painted the brake pedal parts so they can be put together tomorrow. Then a final brake bleed after the gravity fill, the system is full of fluid, Rear axle is full, trans has 4 quarts in so far more after the engine has started. Running battery cables in the morning. With some luck there may be an engine start soon.

Todays progress.
Battery cables in place today, tested the completed wiring, all was good. More wiring to do and remount the fuel pump then fill with antifreeze.
[/sub]Need to install the exhaust after taking it off to do the wiring.
[sub]
But the best test of the wiring was listening to the engine crank over. One other note is I am using the Odyssey battery, powerful little thing.
[/sub]

Ok, All you Bucket Build Watchers, My treat for ya'll. One of the priceless moments during your build, sorry the shop is kinda small for my first video angle.
The 26T Bucket Chevy 5.3 LS Engine Running today.

Click the photo to hear the engine, Video link

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back