Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ultra fun 23 build lol

thanks for the compliments the tires are now old stock they are branded service tire company they ar 6.00x16 they are bias plys i have two sets of them the guy i got the wheels from made me a deal on them i got three sets of wheel two sets of tires 2 sets of center caps

lol yes square headlights would look terrible for sure. yes my budget has been limited for sure i just hope people see that you can have fun for little money

I know its too late now but I used some LED motorcycle turn signals in my H/Lights. Having its own enclosure stops orange light leaking into the reflector. You can see it to the left of the main bulb. They were cheap as well, and 12volt units

Headlight wiring (1) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Thanks for the tip gerrymandering I never even thought abut the lights being a problem I might be able to make a shield to go around the turnsignal bulk that's why this site is so great everyone has info to share to help each other:)

Totally impressed!

thanks for the compliment zandoz i have been working today on a step for each side to make it easier to get in and out of should have them ready to mount tomorrow. will take pics of them im trying to make them simple and clean so they dont stick out to far

i also got the dash painted in the above pics of it but im not sure if i really like it i would like some opinions on it if you guys would. i thought about making it over the same shape but out of aluminum and use a ball endmill and cut some grooves again all comments appreciated.

Engine turn looks good too. Ball mill stopping and starting around gauges would look nice but ball mill stuff is not in the era you are building so round the fins and glass bead to look cast.

thanks for the info old round fart i was planning on doing a engine turned piece for the firewall so i guess it only makes sense to do the dash also lol you guys are great:)

i also got the dash painted in the above pics of it but im not sure if i really like it i would like some opinions on it if you guys would. i thought about making it over the same shape but out of aluminum and use a ball endmill and cut some grooves again all comments appreciated.

I was planning on keeping it simple...aircraft style bezels on speedo & tach centered in the came-with-the-body dash, and oil/temp/amp gauges in an old school under dash panel. The hope was to make the under dash panel the face of a drawer holding the fuse panel, relays, etc.

do you have picture of the front straight on? I would like to see how wide the front is with the wheel adapters.

I personally think it looks great with just paint. Maybe wrinkle-finish, but as-is would be just fine IMHO. In the old days we called this a tunneled dash.:):thumbsup:

yes i have pics of the front head on i will post some when i get home from work the front is just a tad bit narrower then the rear which looks ok. i will also take a measurment

i did end up just painting the dash a wrinkle finish silver sorry the delay i didnt get on here over the weekend i also got the steps done and have started on the brake lines so getting closer every day but its really cold here for sure lol

here is the front end from a straight on view as gif asked for. the measurement from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface is 60 1/2 inches which includes the aluminum wheel adapters. you can see them in the above pic

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back