Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

ultra fun 23 build lol

painted dash it looks ok for now its a hammered finish almost to cold out to work on the brakes but need to get it done spring is around the corner . the engine is ready to go in but still need to rebuild the tranny might do that in the next couple of weeks

another one for gif to see full front end as it looks like he will be running wire wheels also that's it for now have a good one everyone

Nice work. You must have kept a close eye on what your dad was doing. Your body work turned out nice. Keep the pics coming. They help a lot for guys like me. I had no one to show me how. I've learned from the guys on this site. Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge.

thanks for the compliment rubicon my dad was a very talented body man and i helped him some but he always didnt want me to get in the trade because of the health issues it causes. he died at age 61 ate up wth cancer all over him and i bet its because of the chemicals he exposed himself to. back in the day they didnt have the safety equipment available to us now. so if i can give one word of advice everyone please use it even if your just doing a small repair. i havent buffed the paint yet because of the weather im sure its going to be very hard at this point since i have waited so long. and in case anyone is wondering the paint is single stage eurothane and no clearcoat to keep the cost down base coat and clear is better and nice but hard to justify for just something to get out and have fun in and not worry about it getting scratched up.

ok time for a update been awhile since I posted been to cold to do much for sure but my daughter is really wanting to go for a ride so its time to get this thing finished.

next we cut a big hole in the hood which I was nervous till I have a few adult beverages to settle me and out came the saw and grinder. who in there right mind would cut up a perfectly painted hood but it had to be done I really wanted to use a single carb tunnel ram that was given to me its a old one that wont really perform well but it looks good and I'm going to use it for wow factor.20170309_173744.jpg

I will be making a nice stainless engine turned air cleaner assembly soon to go with the flow. next we got the stering column painted and installed finally for good made from parts laying around still need to adapt my model t steering wheel to it but will work for now. 20170309_173703.jpg

next I started to dash engine turned insert and things were going well till disaster struck lol and my grinder dug into the stainless steel and the result was 14 stiches and a repaired tendon to my right middle finger20170308_172739.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back