Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

Really like this interior.

full

don't think they would like the volume .. but the interior goes with the engine bay.
I think it is about bringing those to things together with the offset of the paint on the bucket.

I agree on the interior. On the sound I saw a video of Full Custom Garage with 8 megaphones straight off the header flange that sounded great! I'm going to try to find what kind of baffles he was using. It was on the Space Junky if anyone can find it.

I would love to see more pics of that car!

Built and owned by Marty Strode. He's a well known Hot Rod builder, racer and master fabricator. He's on the HAMB, but I think he may be on Facebook.

I agree on the interior. On the sound I saw a video of Full Custom Garage with 8 megaphones straight off the header flange that sounded great! I'm going to try to find what kind of baffles he was using. It was on the Space Junky if anyone can find it.

You said you saw Full Custom Garage on the Sound, what is the sound?

So, with a day off and a HUGE breakfast, my thoughts are back to interiors. My cars going to be black with a red interior, so that's why I posted Marty's track roadster. The Bomber seat idea is still an option, but looking at pics from my previous car, a simple bench seat is always a good look in a T Bucket interior. While not as race themed as Bomber seats or buckets, the comfort level is a lot better. Here's my last seat and interior of "Miss Behavin'". Perhaps, this time I'll use a permanent, wrap around back and make just the bench removable. I'd like to do it myself. The main issue would be the corners in these bodies. It's a series of curves. Getting the fit in those corners would be a challenge.

full

Last edited:
In the above photo, I took note of the location of the shift knob. When in 1st gear, the knob is towards the back. Would my beloved Total Performance shifter fit without contacting CCR's cross member? It's going to be close. VERY close. Unfortunately, I don't have any bare chassis pics with that shifter installed. If I did, I'd have a few points of reference to make measurements. I may end up modifying CCR's cross member by notching it and adding material to the back of it. It's one of those "wait and see" issues.

Using another shifter is NOT an option.

Yup...... gonna be close with the seat frame as well. Of course, I can't remember having to use 1st or 2nd with an automatic, but it would be nice to have those functions, if needed. Hmm....... this calls for a cup of java and a smoke.

full

Last edited:
I don't know how to describe the sound. It was a low tone but not as deep as Flowmasters.

I get it now. Boy I feel like an idiot. I thought ORF said he watched Full Custom Garage on the sound. With all the talk of people ditching cable tv, I thought the sound was something like YouTube. Just ignore me, my thinker must not be working.:confused:

Sorry Fred! If the shift lever is to close to the seat you can it an offset in the stick or change the position of the rod on the trans.

So, with a day off and a HUGE breakfast, my thoughts are back to interiors. My cars going to be black with a red interior, so that's why I posted Marty's track roadster. The Bomber seat idea is still an option, but looking at pics from my previous car, a simple bench seat is always a good look in a T Bucket interior. While not as race themed as Bomber seats or buckets, the comfort level is a lot better. Here's my last seat and interior of "Miss Behavin'". Perhaps, this time I'll use a permanent, wrap around back and make just the bench removable. I'd like to do it myself. The main issue would be the corners in these bodies. It's a series of curves. Getting the fit in those corners would be a challenge.

full

Fred, if you check out the thread that I posted on how I built my seat, you'll see how I handled the curves to which you are referring. My seat is easily removable also.

Jim

Perhaps, this time I'll use a permanent, wrap around back and make just the bench removable. I'd like to do it myself. The main issue would be the corners in these bodies. It's a series of curves. Getting the fit in those corners would be a challenge.

It's not that hard. I used 3 layers of 1/4" bending plywood and made a totally removable insert.

1892.JPG

1884.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back