Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Complete Rewire Project

And here's one with 4 relays: Well, can't copy that one either.

Try searching for this on eBay:
Coil 12V Passive 4 Channel SPST-NO 30A 30Amp Power Relay Module.

Try these links:
Sorry, this isn't my day...
Search eBay for
Coil-12V-Passive-8-Channel-SPST-NO-30A-30Amp-Power-Relay-Module

Last edited:
Nice find you guys, looks like they use the same Omron rely, but I can't tell if it's rated at 30A in a 12 volt circuit. I see 30A at 250VAC and 20A at 28VDC

Omron is discontinuing the G8P series relay on April 30, 2015
Click on Documents tab.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/G8P-1A4P-DC12/?qs=Rh%2baoYk36r7RCFqGn7h4TA==

You can download the PDF file with specs below:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/pdf/en-g8p.pdf&ei=2xf_VM_6O82oyAT_5oDICA&usg=AFQjCNG2KXJsPAgyYQPzjYeBgGnn9_-PHg&sig2=PKmzbSOGBSP6CZcxSWZVlw&bvm=bv.87611401,d.aWw

Last edited:
I'm not a relay expert (although I play one on TV), but I bet it will carry at least 30A at 12VDC. Anyway, we took a vote and Indy is nominated to get one and test it to destruction and report.

I'm not a relay expert (although I play one on TV), but I bet it will carry at least 30A at 12VDC. Anyway, we took a vote and Indy is nominated to get one and test it to destruction and report.
Hey...... when was this vote taken, no one told me about it!!! hehehe

Sssshhhhhh .........Quite everyone, don't tell Indy about the vote! :roflmao:
Shhhh01.jpg

We will find out soon, I ordered 3 modules, figured I better have one backup. I ordered the 4 channel since it was cheaper and may provide more versatility when I comes to mounting and running wires. The 8 channel was $72 and 3 of the 4 channels(12 channels) were $83.

The board below is 120mm x 72.5mm

RelayModule.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my next drawing. One more to go and it's for the AQ-1 data logger. Most likely it will be like my instrument drawing that no one had experience with.

Comments???

Cooling,FuelPump,Horn&TCC_03.jpg

FlexaliteFanControllerWiring.jpg

I see where I got pins 1 & 4 reversed on the fan controller, which I will change along with any comments on the next version.

Last edited:
I'm using the 200-4R.

I'm clueless on the 200-4R. I've read what I can on the internet, and it appears that it has a lockup converter controlled by engine vacuum. It will lock up in 4th gear if the vacuum is low enough. I've seen several wiring schemes. Some include a brake switch to unlock the converter when you hit the brakes. And the 200-4R has a TV cable that apparently needs careful adjustment. Indy, I'm guessing you know how to use this tranny. The rest of the wiring looks fine to me.

Last edited:
Definitely use a lockup converter for a street driven vehicle. Only race cars typically use a non lockup converter.

Thanks for the comment confirming the drawing is Ok.

Yesterday I circled the car for a few hours, and finally got the courage to strip
out almost all the wiring. I left one wire in the frame on each side to pull the new
wire in with.

Before pulling any wire I needed an organized way to obtain length of each new
wire, hence the reason the build a wire dispenser. Got some ideas from Google
images and went to Lowes. Looked at the PVC and then went down to the storage
containers. I bought one 100 qt clear storage container and three 3/4" x 48"
dowel rods.

Drilled three, 3/4" holes in each end of the container with a hole saw, worked
good. The rods are tight and won't walk around while I'm pulling new wire. Then
I drilled twenty-seven, 1/4" holes for the wire to come out the long side. Lowes
doesn't show the 99 quart model, but it looks the same as this 66 quart model.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_336492-62860-71 ... 41164&Ntt=

Total cost was $30.

FP01_WireDispenser_6014.jpg
FP01_WireDispenser_6015.jpg
FP01_WireDispenser_6016.jpg

Hmmm...Indy, is your closet this organized? Where are the cupholders in top for a beer and a spare? Looking really good.:thumbsup:

My closet is my wife's problem! Except when she tries to store her things in there.

Don't need cup holders, the beer never leaves my hand !!! :roflmao::whistling:

Thanks guy !!!

I've been holding off ordering more wire and terminals from DelCity.com, because
they sometimes send me an email with 15% off. But I was out of time and decided
to go ahead with my order. When I got the website, EVERYTHING was 20% off ......
I must be living right!!! :)

I ordered four more 100 foot reels of 16 AWG, this will give me all seven possible
colors in both 16 and 14 AWG. I also got some terminals and shrink tubing etc.

DelCityRingTerminal.jpg
DelCityDEAL20%.JPG

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back