Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Yeti's 27 T Build

Waited on my transmission kit from mcleods for 2 months... nothing. Finally asked for a refund.

Found a better deal on ebay. Had enough money left over to buy an aluminum 3 row 64-66 mustang rad.

Will be able to build transmission soon I hope. Get things moving again.

I did replace my early spindles with 37-48 repo spindles.

Took alot of heat to get the old ones apart. More so on the second one. Snaped the kingpin retainer off when trying to heat and beat it out. Came up with a solution.

Both spindles changed. Took all morning.. Need to order adapter now for my 73 Monte Carlo rotors.
20210228-084922.jpg

20210228-090523.jpg

20210228-104151.jpg

20210228-113957.jpg

20210228-114105.jpg

20210228-114612.jpg

So you made a puller?

Good idea. How easily did it pull out?

Not very easily. It eventually stripped the threads on the all thread but by then it had broken its bond and was finally able to hammer it out with a punch.

I think I'm going to build that 6.0 junkyard engine that I said a while back that I'd wait to build. The extra cubes will help with the rear end 2.79s.

If I run my 5.3 862 heads on the 4.0 bore of the 6.0, it gains compression. Around 10.5:1.

It gives me some room to unshroud the valves.
20210227-134338.jpg

I would build the 6.0 N/A though. It can get close to 500 at the flywheel with ported heads and a good cam.

If you run any cam at all with that LS motor, and tires of any size, you may find that 2.79 rear makes your car vey sluggish at cruising speeds in top gear. A friend of mine with a mild cam in his LT motor found that out and had to change to a lower gear set. Just sayin . . . :rolleyes:

Got tons of parts in for the t bucket build. Rear 4 link kit, rear coil overs, parts to build the front 4 bars, 4l80e rebuild kit, headlights and buckets, a radiator, transmission cooler, 1/4 plate steel to build any and all mounts, the steel to build my pedal box... I'm sure there's more.

I haven't even gotten to open half of the boxes.. I've been stuck doing house work and yard work.

Gonna get back at it soon. Hopefully start posting updates and pictures soon. Didn't want anyone to think this build died.

Hi Yeti ; You will encounter times of discouragement during your build , you will also experience times of gratification as you accomplish more & more. Gratification KICKS discouragements BUTT.

Well wooding the body has started. Got the floor and seat back in place. Glued and screwed. Started the tasking of forming the sides back in. I finally figured out a method after a few wasted pieces of wood. Need to get some more 2x4s.

Need to recreate that upper 2x4 cause the front didn't need to be kerf'd but you can see it starting to make sense... I can anyways.
20210511-195344.jpg

20210511-195427.jpg

20210511-200828.jpg

The side rails will tie into the seat back.. just haven't decided how yet. Could get the wood to bend that far.

Is that a RPM Big Boy body you are adding width to? THAT WILL BE AWSOME!

Not that I'm aware of. I got it already broken at the doors cause someone didn't wood it before cutting out door openings. I decided to cut and widen it too.

I believe it to be a wildcat body. No evidence of one of the big names out there.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back