Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Yeti's 27 T Build

Ready for the guts to go back in. Dual-Fed Direct, Line to Lube mod, Converter drain enlarged. A few secrets..

I've modified the wiring harness for full manual use. You use the pressure sensors to control the A and B solenoids. You are in whichever gear you select via the shifter. Just have to provide a switched 12v source to the solenoids and use a vacuum switch to ground solenoid for TCC.

20210904-164009.jpg

The big draw back of the wiring mods for full manual is no EPC solenoid.. meaning full line pressure. Hard on the pump, among other components.

Don't need whiplash with this one. I built a TH350 that was a U Joint destroyer in a V8 S10 when I was young and dumb. (Deleted waves, deleted accumulator, drilled separator plate).

So they make a vacuum modulator but it's a $200 kit. I've hacked apart (precisely hacked) one of my old EPC solenoids. They seem to be using a hacked up TH400 modulator (can anyone verify?).

Looking to DIY this one. I'm 1/2 way there.
Screenshot-20210904-170016-Google.jpg

Screenshot-20210904-170010-Google.jpg

I've found one at the local AZ.
20210905-181415.jpg

20210905-181517.jpg

I'm going to do some more couch R&D first, but I think I may make a youtube video showing this 4L80E Vacuum Modulator project for other people to duplicate.

Your mechanical skills are very impressive. YOU GO MISTER MAN !!

Thank you. People tell me I should have been a mechanical engineer rather than being an automotive technician for a living..

With a welder and a gear heads imagination, anything is possible.

I like the custom intake manifold!

Lol. I haven't found a good deal on a used manifold yet. New they are almost $400 so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.. it's not stopping me from driving this pile of parts at the moment.

But I did measure one and I know where the carb is supposed to sit. The paint cans are pretty damn close.

Does anyone else day dream about building their bucket?

Like imagining what goes where and can this go here?... what about over there?

I've built this thing 50 times in my head...

YES ! It seems that's the way most of my projects go is in my head !

My homemade electric rad fan. I remember my V8 S10 days and learning that factory fans typically pull more air than most aftermarkets.. I went junkyard searching measuring, and now cutting.

64-66 China 3 row mustang rad and a modified pt cruiser fan.

Should keep a turbo 6.0 liter cool?
20211218-185339.jpg

20211218-185836.jpg

I'll give it a coat of black when it's done.. should look OK.

Got the transmission cooler brackets made and painted.

The rad shroud will get a coat of paint when it comes back apart to change the motor...ofcourse low speed would quit after I did all that. Luckily it bolts in. Another $20 at upap.
20211226-085351.jpg

20211226-085414.jpg

I'm calling the cooling segment complete for initial build at this point. Moving on..

Heres some kind of an update.

Measured and started cutting frame rail for the T.

Also I had ordered a 4 link kit but I didn't like the front mounts and height was an issue with only 6" of frame kickup available due to channeled body and trunk floor. So I decided to turn them into ladder bars
20220321-181540.jpg

There will be a 3/4 heim on the front of the lower bar and a safety strap.

The 6.0 engine block has been cleaned, honed, and primered. Parts are here to finish.

I've been investing 3-4 hours a night into this thing after I get home from work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back